This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
2 months ago#91
Still struggling to understand what the narrative is eh?
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
2 months ago#92
randomoaf posted...
Who cares? Do you work for a gaming pub/developer? Do you own stock? People who need to deal with pirates deal with pirates. People who crack games will crack games. You're just another grain of sand on the beach. It's not your prerogative to police pirates or attempt to fix what you see is a problem. I don't understand why people are so willing to complicate their lives over what is essentially a trivial matter. There's better things to do in life.

Motherf***er.. Unless were all 40+ or have some develoeprs job, We all should be doing something else during our youth other than gaming or argueing about gaming topics.. You're no better
Combo Master

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
2 months ago#93
And here I am, pirating because I can. I support devs when I feel like it (and have the money). I've pirated good games. I've pirated bad games. Sometimes I bought a game after growing fond of it playing the pirated version. Sometimes I buy games because a pirated version would miss some online functionality. Sometimes I buy games that have no online functionality at all and a pirated copy would be exactly as functional as a bought one. If not better, but that's rarely the case. I've bought Denuvo games, I've pirated Denuvo games.

I can't even figure out a clear definition of what makes me actually buy a game. Am I a s***bag for all that? Maybe. I just know that I don't try to find or create some high-horse justification for what I do.

Just felt like sharing.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
2 months ago#94
Heisenberg312 posted...
Piracy doesn't sell games.
It's incredibly stupid to even think that.

Which is why pirates are probably one of the most stupidest people ever to own a pc.
Pc gamers are usually very smart.
Pirates bring the average IQ of a pc gamer down to near Neanderthal levels.
Pirates don't understand how buisness works.
They don't understand the harm they cause others.
They probably don't understand how a computer works.
It's plugged in and a power button is clearly labeled. Otherwise, they would try to eat it thinking that it's food.

ummm no
there have been multiple academic papers and research done on digital piracy that shows that it increases sales in multiple mediums. Hell the whole piracy costs us milllllllllions, and anti consumer DRM from corporation are actually almost entirely for the stock holders.

http://pubsonline.informs.org/doi/abs/10.1287/mksc.1070.0313

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167624510000259

bunch more but I am too lazy to look for it
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912

User Info: Lilb77

Lilb77
2 months ago#95
Depending on where you live, gaming is not an cheap hobby. There are some countries that an AAA game costs almost 1/3 of the country minimum wage. I'm not saying that pirate is right, but I think it's somewhat understandable to pirate a game you really want to play if you live in a place like this.

If you live in a first world country though, then there is no excuse to not buy an original copy of the game.

User Info: str8Knowledge

str8Knowledge
2 months ago#96
Some people are filthy evil liars.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
2 months ago#97
Dyshonest posted...
Pengu1n posted...
The denuvo thing is irrelevant.

Pirates don't care who they steal from. Big dev, small dev, indie dev, DRM/no DRM they don't care so long as they are getting the game for free. They steal everything from AAA titles to 59c itunes apps even games collections where the proceeds would go to charity.

So long as they don't have to pay for anything they don't care who gets hurt in the process. Using denuvo is just another lame excuse they use like how the can't afford to pay for it or how they are sticking it to the man by pirating the game.
It's not theft, though. Nothing is being removed from its location and placed into another.

It's copying. Nothing is actually lost.

If someone pirates your game you didn't lose a sale, that person was never going to buy it in the first place or they would have done so.

Surely the whole ' no sale was lost' thing is implied. Much like when people state that pirates buy more than they steal. That a pirate is going steal a game play through it then actually pay for it instead of just setting out with the intention of stealing it and not paying?

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 months ago#98
Pengu1n posted...
That a pirate is going steal a game play through it then actually pay for it instead of just setting out with the intention of stealing it and not paying?

When you think about it logically, of course a pirate isn't going to buy the game they just played through & beat. It's not about that. The reason why piracy leads to more sales is because it builds preferences. Their increased access to media means that they will have more preferences than the typical gamer or media consumer who makes it a serious matter to restrict their preferences because they can't possibly buy or play everything.

The pirate also uses this access that no one else has, to evaluate the product and report to prospective consumers. While people would say that the pirate's opinion is not needed (as legitimate consumers can provide it as well), that doesn't change the fact that there are more sets of eyes & depending on the pirate, they can bring in more sets of eyes who will just happen to buy the game.

The higher ups know all this. It's only regular people that don't. Why do you think they purposefully lock games down in Denuvo but then purposefully leave other games unlocked? Denuvo locks are politicized. If a game is a bad port, if it's expected to review par or sub-par, or if a feature of the game is completely accessible without online (such as fighting games. You plug in two controllers/arcade-sticks and a pirated fighting game is fully functional).

It has nothing to do with money or starving artists. Sorry if people can't come to terms with that.
The cranky hermit 2 months ago#99
When you think about it logically, "pirates mean word of mouth sales" is a really stupid argument, and grossly ignorant of the most basic economic principals. Pirates more likely mean word of mouth piracy, and having "more exposure" doesn't help once you've already hit market saturation.

Nor is it any of your business what leads to better sales. That's the company's discretion, and if they think they'll improve their sales by giving their game away for free, they have a right to do that. Going "see, I'm actually HELPING you by stealing your game!" is pretty transparent in its intent. You're just another rationalizing freeloader, same as the "Denuvo made me do it" crowd.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#100
randomoaf posted...
Pengu1n posted...
That a pirate is going steal a game play through it then actually pay for it instead of just setting out with the intention of stealing it and not paying?
When you think about it logically, of course a pirate isn't going to buy the game they just played through & beat. It's not about that. The reason why piracy leads to more sales is because it builds preferences. Their increased access to media means that they will have more preferences than the typical gamer or media consumer who makes it a serious matter to restrict their preferences because they can't possibly buy or play everything.

Again who is to say that the person who pirated game x won't go off and pirate the other games in the series or pirate games like it. The logic of a pirate has nothing to do with 'evaluating the product' it's about getting everything for free because of self entitlement. They have money they have a PC thats capable of running the game they simply don't feel as though they should have to pay like everyone else. When people use to mod the original xbox do you think they just pirated one game? No they went on and pirated every game same with the PS1 and PS2 even now when PS2 games are 10 a penny and are plentiful people still pirate them even though the discs cost more than the games.

The pirate also uses this access that no one else has, to evaluate the product and report to prospective consumers. While people would say that the pirate's opinion is not needed (as legitimate consumers can provide it as well), that doesn't change the fact that there are more sets of eyes & depending on the pirate, they can bring in more sets of eyes who will just happen to buy the game.

And who is to say they won't get the cracked copy and share it with their friends who in turn share it with their friends and so on and so on

The higher ups know all this. It's only regular people that don't. Why do you think they purposefully lock games down in Denuvo but then purposefully leave other games unlocked? Denuvo locks are politicized. If a game is a bad port, if it's expected to review par or sub-par, or if a feature of the game is completely accessible without online (such as fighting games. You plug in two controllers/arcade-sticks and a pirated fighting game is fully functional).

Because it costs money to license denuvo some devs can afford it and some can't and some devs use other forms of DRM and some use denuvo. The whole point in it is to stave off piracy for just enough time so see some sales

It has nothing to do with money or starving artists. Sorry if people can't come to terms with that.

That's what people don't understand. They think pirates are people who can't afford the latest games or need to 'trial' the game before buying when it's the complete opposite the pirate the game with zero intention of buying the game ever.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived