This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video games that made you cry

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Video games that made you cry

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#51
but on a serious note, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare had a pretty grim ending. Didn't make me cry but it pulls on some emotional strings for sure.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
2 months ago#52
sonicteam2k1 posted...
but on a serious note, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare had a pretty grim ending. Didn't make me cry but it pulls on some emotional strings for sure.

People will think you're joking, but you're so right. That was kinda depressing, and the end credits didn't help.
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

User Info: Pal 080

Pal 080
2 months ago#53
I still can't watch the intro of Ori and the Blind Forest (or its sequel) without tearing up... it's just such the perfect combo of magnificent music, beautiful artistic visuals, and some really sad looking cute creatures :'(

The ending bits of MGS3 also got me, as did the intro to The Last of Us.

I'm a pretty good sucker for that kind of emotional manipulation so there are probably others!
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"

User Info: Landojesus

Landojesus
2 months ago#54
Full on uncontrollable tears? Only Spec Ops: The Line has done that.

But I've definitely teared up a few times:

The Witcher 3-I built my first computer just to play the Witcher and I've been a fan of the (single book, at the time) book series since 2007, and read as many of the books that came to the US whenever they came out, so it's a series that I have invested significant amount of time and emotional real estate in. Many times I teared up, even during some of the happy scenes!

Mass Effect 3- Same thing, I had been a massive fan of everything Black Isle had done, and in turn Bioware, so as soon as I read about Mass Effect I pre ordered. The two times I teared up were when (I thought) Grunt died, then he popped back out and I raised my fist in triumph! It wasn't that the character Grunt was amazing, but 'dying with honor' is an automatic tear creator for me. And finally when Mordin Solus died, I almost actually lost it. Not only did he go out with honor but I loved him as a character! The ending didn't make me cry but I was definitely disappointed. Bioware used to be amazing...
NP:Elite: Dangerous, Dead Cells, DK:Tropical Freeze, Super Stardust HD XBL/STEAM: Landojesus PSN: Ohiaeco -Always down to co op, send me a request!

User Info: Alex197

Alex197
2 months ago#55
I haven't cried at because of a videogame, but The last Guardian brought me close
i7 6800k 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS Strix 1070 ROG OC Edition, 512GB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, Corsair Graphite 780T
PSN: wolves_arsenal; Steam ID: Arsenalfc197

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#56
Jules Rules posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

People will think you're joking, but you're so right. That was kinda depressing, and the end credits didn't help.

the end credits literally put the nail in the coffin.........
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
2 months ago#57
Disgaea 1 true ending (I cry with joy)

https://imgur.com/qXcFoly
My life is Disgaea.

User Info: Zewsdi

Zewsdi
1 month ago#58
Just finished To the Moon. My eyes got wet, but I did not shed a tear. Still chasing it.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
1 month ago#59
From memory, just a couple. Atelier Totori, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Hebijo story with Ryōbi and Ryōna), a few of the Sono Hanabira VNs. Every time, man. They all get me really strongly.

Maybe Atelier Iris 2 and Estival Versus, can't quite remember.

Otherwise, don't really play much that would be like that. I don't care for heavy stories and generally hate drama/tension/etc filled stuff.

I also didn't have anyone die in Mass Effect 3 that was saveable (as far as I can remember, or at least no-one I liked). Even had both Tali and Legion get through and be friends or whatever happened. One of my mates had one or two people die and that really got to him.
'Ahn~ It's so loud I can't sleep~!' Lily White said, suddenly awaking.
How great the power of yuri was that it could even neutralise poison!

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
1 month ago#60
-youremom posted...
I don’t cry because I’m not a little b****

This, however, TLoU-- when Joel lost his daughter and at its conclusion when Joel risked everything to rescue Ellie. That was a powerful moment. That entire game was superb-- voice acting, story telling, everything. Beautiful.
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Video games that made you cry

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived