This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else had Firefox freezing while browsing recently?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone else had Firefox freezing while browsing recently?

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
1 month ago#1
It freezes and goes completely unresponsive for several seconds, then everything goes back to normal. I'm wondering if one of my extensions is to blame or what.

Anybody else experience this withing the last week or so?
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
1 month ago#2
Haven't had that happen. If you reproduce that issue consistently, then try disabling addons systematically.
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

Kalirion
1 month ago#3
I'll try that, thanks!

User Info: Shub

Shub
1 month ago#4
Not that issue. I've been having another issue, and this is on multiple computers (two Windows, one Mac), where when I close a tab, it leaves a glitched tab titled "New tab" in the tab bar that leads nowhere and can't be closed without exiting the browser.
-What is best in life?
-Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

User Info: -______-

-______-
1 month ago#5
im using v54.x and it's been real bad with memory lately. was using this version for at least half a year now and it only started acting up a few weeks ago
-______-

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
1 month ago#6
Kalirion posted...
It freezes and goes completely unresponsive for several seconds, then everything goes back to normal. I'm wondering if one of my extensions is to blame or what.

I doubt it helps, but I've been having that problem with Edge lately.

And before someone says it, no, Edge isn't my main browser. I just use it on specific sites when I'm too lazy to turn off all of my add-ons on Firefox.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|2xSLI GTX 980ti Lightning LE|HAF 932|Samsung 50inch 4K|HTC Vive

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
1 month ago#7
I have been having freezing problems in the last week or so, and I am using Firefox. Whether or not it's Firefox causing the problem I don't know. Could be down to WIndows 10 updates. I'm hoping it isn't my hard drive on the way out.

Kalirion
1 month ago#8
I'm still on Windows 7, so Windows 10 shouldn't be the culprit.

My SSD is pretty new as well, so that shouldn't be the problem. I have some other unresolved hardware issues tho, either with RAM or mobo, but nothing else does this "several second freeze" thing besides Firefox.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
1 month ago#9
SkittyOnWailord posted...
Kalirion posted...

I doubt it helps, but I've been having that problem with Edge lately.

And before someone says it, no, Edge isn't my main browser. I just use it on specific sites when I'm too lazy to turn off all of my add-ons on Firefox.

Edge also has been hanging for me , for about a week.

Firefox is better since the 56 update.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Shub

Shub
1 month ago#10
-______- posted...
im using v54.x and it's been real bad with memory lately. was using this version for at least half a year now and it only started acting up a few weeks ago

Is 54.x an extended support version? If not, why not keep up with the latest version? Current is 56.0 and I believe they're still on a 6-week release cycle.
-What is best in life?
-Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone else had Firefox freezing while browsing recently?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived