This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone know a quality laptop to buy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anyone know a quality laptop to buy?

User Info: bluefantasy

bluefantasy
2 months ago#1
Looking for a quality pc laptop more for work and light gaming.
Maybe one with low SAR, glare, and health conscious. How are the surface tablets?

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
2 months ago#2
They're solid but a brand new one is so f***ing overpriced, it's not even funny. The type cover is also a separate cost.

I personally got my Surface Pro 2 for free though. There's especially a cool factor with owning one. I can be on my commute on public transit and I'm sitting there playing emulated Punchout for the Wii at 60FPS or I can be working on a project without having the burden of a massive laptop that is of my e7470. Plus the thing is tiny so taking it out isn't crazy like taking out a 14 inch laptop. Another key to the Surface Pro 2 is the actually 1080p screen. The later models are all stupid resolutions which don't make sense for anything.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: bluefantasy

bluefantasy
2 months ago#3
Kokuei05 posted...
They're solid but a brand new one is so f***ing overpriced, it's not even funny. The type cover is also a separate cost.

I personally got my Surface Pro 2 for free though. There's especially a cool factor with owning one. I can be on my commute on public transit and I'm sitting there playing emulated Punchout for the Wii at 60FPS or I can be working on a project without having the burden of a massive laptop that is of my e7470. Plus the thing is tiny so taking it out isn't crazy like taking out a 14 inch laptop. Another key to the Surface Pro 2 is the actually 1080p screen. The later models are all stupid resolutions which don't make sense for anything.

so surface 2 is the best of the bunch? Even 3 and 4?

Kokuei05
2 months ago#4
No, I didn't say that. The newer ones (except 3) have better hardware and better battery because the SP2's been out of production for 3 years+. There are also a lot of feedback that n-trig in the newer surface models has caught up to the quality of wacom on the SP2. The type cover track pad is vastly improved. I can barely use the one on mine and mostly touch screen unless I'm required a cursor like hovering over a button. The surface pro 2 is thicker than the newer models because of the wacom technology. There is an extra layer to account for it. The newer models use n-trig and that removed the layer but also requires a battery on the pen to function. The wacom pen's do not require a battery thus a lighter pen.

I got lucky with this surface pro, it had been sitting in storage for 3-4 years before I got it. A battery report shows that the wear on it is 5% or so which is nothing, It didn't come with a pen though and even looking on the internet to get one will damage me $50 which is stupid. The type cover 2's are still $100.

What I stated on the resolution is personal opinion. I prefer my devices to have 16:9 resolution and not 3:2 resolution for a pseudo better using experience when in portrait mode.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI

User Info: DreDayy

DreDayy
2 months ago#5
xps 15
|i5 8400|z370m gaming pro|16gb 3000|GTX 1080 TI|960evo 500gb|m500 960gb|350D|G2 550|X34 Predator|

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#6
Since when did tablets become laptops?
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

Kokuei05
2 months ago#7
Fade2black001 posted...
Since when did tablets become laptops?

When you connect a type cover attachment. I prefer the Surface Pro compared to the e7470 I use for work.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anyone know a quality laptop to buy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived