This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

looking to maybe upgrade my video card.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. looking to maybe upgrade my video card.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
1 month ago#1
I currently have a GTX 570 but it seems to be on its last legs, so I might need to upgrade. If I do, my budget is around $200 Canadian.

by last legs, I mean:
my right monitor would get full-screen wavy lines on it occasionally
both of my monitors turned off at the same time within the last 24 hours.
after said shut off, my left monitor turned to s***. by that, it got hit by a large amount of green static. it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/lBV8IOt.jpg

the first two were fixed with a restart. the second was fixed with making sure the cable was properly connected to the VGA to DVI converter.

my current specs:
i5-2500k
GTX 570
16GB Ram
Win 7 64bit

User Info: Darkneo20

Darkneo20
1 month ago#2
if you can only afford $200 then a gtx 1050ti is for you........personally i would save up another $80 so u can get a 6gig gtx 1060 which is a much better card
Core i5 6600k 16gigs Gskill Ripjaws 3000 ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6gig Asrock Fatality Z170 MB 240gig sandisc SSD WD Blue 2TB HDD XFX Modular 750watt

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#3
Gtx 1050 ti is on the edge of ur budget or u can save up more for a 1060 6G.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

candlefighter
1 month ago#4
So it's not possible to fix my 570? I mean I got good use put of it but I'd rather fix it than pay money.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#5
I mean, you could reseat it since it honestly sounds like it might be a loose connection rather than a dying card. But, if the card is dying, there are things you can do to fix it, like the oven trick, but when it's actually time for it to go, it's time for it to go.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

candlefighter
1 month ago#6
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I mean, you could reseat it since it honestly sounds like it might be a loose connection rather than a dying card. But, if the card is dying, there are things you can do to fix it, like the oven trick, but when it's actually time for it to go, it's time for it to go.

Thanks! It seems to have worked.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 month ago#7
Its either a 1050 TI or go used on some thing else.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: enderall

enderall
1 month ago#8
In Canada? GTX 1050 Ti, that's the best you can get with that price. Similar as my country too. The RX 570 is still scarce.

The best card with that CPU? GTX 1060, no more.
i3 6100, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB RAM Red LED, EVGA 600w White PSU, Toshiba 500 GB HD, Riotoro CR 480, GIGABYTE Intel H110

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#9
zhenghan posted...
Gtx 1050 ti is on the edge of ur budget or u can save up more for a 1060 6G.

+1
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
1 month ago#10
A proper upgrade would be a 1070 since you have a broken 570.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. looking to maybe upgrade my video card.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived