This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I played 20+ hours of the Ghost Recon Wildlands free weekend and...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So, I played 20+ hours of the Ghost Recon Wildlands free weekend and...

User Info: MMG_

MMG_
2 months ago#1
I think the biggest issue is the lack of cutscenes and character development.

The mini-bosses could have used some cutscenes I mean, for instance there's this ex-military guy who goes all like "come on and kill me if you can!" and then I just shot him in the head.... and that was it. No encounter or death cutscenes :(

If Ubisoft had made some actual dramatic cutscenes the game would have been more loved, without them, the game feels bland... if it had cutscenes like in MGSV it would have been pretty awesome.

By the way, even though the game has repetitive as hell missions I still think it is a fun game due to how much freedom the player has on choosing how to approach outposts.

I am unsure if I should buy it. I beat it during this free weekend already but only did like 50% of the main story (at 50% you sort of have the option of beating the game).
BORED TO DEATH. I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. I am bored.
http://i.imgur.com/sprnlxX.gif

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
2 months ago#2
I....I can't tell.
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

MMG_
2 months ago#3
^Of course you can't, I mean, look at you.
(message deleted)

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
2 months ago#5
From your things that are issues sound like a bonus to me. I sometimes hate story getting in the way of actually playing a game so if it lacks cutscenes and character development I might like it a little more.

User Info: dermoratraken

dermoratraken
2 months ago#6
It's the age old question of gameplay versus story and a mistake of many developers. I think people interested only in gameplay would play a different fps - probably competitive. Those who like story won't like this game. That leaves more casual players as your core audience, and they move onto the next game within a couple weeks. Some devs have monetary success chasing the casuals and whales, but you're not going to grow a franchise out of it.

MMG_
2 months ago#7
dermoratraken posted...
Some devs have monetary success chasing the casuals and whales, but you're not going to grow a franchise out of it.

Yeah, I agree. If they end up making a sequel to this game they'll have to add some pretty big changes if they want to make it popular.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
2 months ago#8
They do have cutscenes for every major character?

they send you a little video on them when you discover who they are.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

MMG_
2 months ago#9
Killah Priest posted...
they send you a little video on them when you discover who they are.

Ah yes, I did find those videos to be very interesting, but some cutscenes with dialogue of those bosses would have been cool. And some more cutscenes with the whole 4 members acting and talking could have made them more interesting. A lot of the complaints about this game were that the main crew wasn't interesting enough.

Not sure why Ubisoft went lazy on the cutscenes this time, the Far Cry and Assassin's Creed games are full of detailed cutscenes. Different teams making the games I guess.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So, I played 20+ hours of the Ghost Recon Wildlands free weekend and...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived