This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is the least toxic playerbase of any pc game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. what is the least toxic playerbase of any pc game?

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#41
In my experience, the least toxic online pvp game was Planetside 2, even though it had all the tools (cross-faction chat, platoon competition, spawn-camping, friendly-fire, free-to-play, premium castes) an egregious s*** bag needs to do their handiwork.

Maybe it was in part because to actually get anything done you had to be in an outfit (a clan) or join public platoons, which means to stay in either you had to have at least a semblance of kintergarden-level social skills. Or maybe everyone was just too busy killing each other, who knows.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#42
While I'd say that there's no toxicity by any stretch, I will say that much of EVE Online's player base knows that most of the shenanigans that go on in the game are just how business gets done. They might get pissed off and take any opportunity to return the favor, but at least back when I was heavily active in the game there wasn't really a lot of "toxicity" involved.

Then again it's also been about 8 years since I was heavily involved in EVE Online, and the "toxicity" in online gaming seems to have skyrocketed during that time frame.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
1 month ago#43
LawBreakers

Gotta have a community for it to be toxic.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
1 month ago#44
DivineWraith posted...
LawBreakers

Gotta have a community for it to be toxic.

lol

Also, Diablo 2 had a lot of sh!theads. Players were always try to scam and steal from one another.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
1 month ago#45
Transformice
The base of a lighthouse is ever dark.

User Info: VeiledGenesis

VeiledGenesis
1 month ago#46
I've yet to find a community that isn't toxic to some degree.

I will say that the least toxic community I've ever personally witnessed is probably Harvest Moon. There's no competition, no screwing people over, and no real way for people to be dicks. The worst you could fight over was who was the best waifu(or the male equivalent in the few games where you had a choice), and even then all I ever saw was people just discussing who they married. The games are so relaxed that it's hard to really imagine anyone trolling or fighting.

That's my experience though. Of course, your mileage may vary. Sadly, Natsume closed shop, so unless someone buys the rights to Harvest Moon and Rune Factory, we may never see another game in the series. At least we have Stardew Valley, which just got a Switch release too. But I know nothing about that community.
Gather all the young ones and listen as we tell of the days of old, when the earth was whole, before the hammer fell. - "Hammer of Heaven", The Sword

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
1 month ago#47
Star Wars: Jedi Academy

Everyone was a Star Wars nerd and just wanted to duel. Asking to be an apprentice to a master was pretty cool too.
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
1 month ago#48
Lienhart posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
KainFourteh posted...
@TimePharaoh posted...
If you're not a small beta child who cares?

Says the guy that posts like a b**** by using childish words like "beta".

Says the guy who's upset that he watches anime and is a dumb dumb. Keep being beta.

Er.........when did beta become an insult? Is this a new trend in high school? And when did watching anime become an insult?

Atrix65 posted...
Warframe, when I last played it. Which was months ago. Idk today

Still is. I got it last week and have put in 20~ hours. Great game and great community.

...since forever? Are you in sixth grade or something?

Thanks for confirming beta status tho.
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
1 month ago#49
TimePharaoh posted...
Lienhart posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
KainFourteh posted...
@TimePharaoh posted...
If you're not a small beta child who cares?

Says the guy that posts like a b**** by using childish words like "beta".

Says the guy who's upset that he watches anime and is a dumb dumb. Keep being beta.

Er.........when did beta become an insult? Is this a new trend in high school? And when did watching anime become an insult?

Atrix65 posted...
Warframe, when I last played it. Which was months ago. Idk today

Still is. I got it last week and have put in 20~ hours. Great game and great community.

...since forever? Are you in sixth grade or something?

Thanks for confirming beta status tho.

Let me remind you of something. Dragonball z was released back in 1989. Pokemon was released in 96, my point is, those so called kids are all grown up now. In my college of about 1,000 people quite a few of them played video games and watched anime. Hell we had a group of about 30 people who would get together playing magic once a week during the weekend.

So while your being your "alpha" self, ill be hanging out with all the betas, playing mario kart and enjoying life. I would rather be a beta than a stuck up snob who is hated by everyone and anyone.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. what is the least toxic playerbase of any pc game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived