This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help w/ a solid 1080p/60fps build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help w/ a solid 1080p/60fps build

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#61
mucloud posted...
Apex_Predator posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...
Apex_Predator posted...
After doing some research, I came up with the following build; https://pcpartpicker.com/list/w4LzJV. It's running me a bit more than what I was originally looking at, ~$200 more than I wanted to spend, but it looks like it's going to have me set for a while and I'll have some flexibility when it comes to overclocking. If I did decide to upgrade my display, I'd probably only need to get a new video card and I think the parts that I chose are of fairly high quality. Lmk what you guys think.

No no, 8600k is here with z370 mobos. Ditch that expensive case and the win 10 license.

I'll look into that, but the case I've already decided on and the win 10 license I need because it's a new build.

reddit software swap $45 for W10 pro

overpriced, you can find keys on ebay for 10-15 bucks
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
1 month ago#62
Fade2black001 posted...
My build is pretty much exactly the same minus the case fans, 8GB of RAM and has a 1070 in it for pretty much the same price as well... Why would you do this?

1070 and 16gb ram are both Overkill for 1080 and both are overpriced rn. If anything I'd say get the 1060 and only 8gb ram then upgrade both later

Fade2black001
1 month ago#63
wentzelot posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
My build is pretty much exactly the same minus the case fans, 8GB of RAM and has a 1070 in it for pretty much the same price as well... Why would you do this?

1070 and 16gb ram are both Overkill for 1080 and both are overpriced rn. If anything I'd say get the 1060 and only 8gb ram then upgrade both later

Im just saying thatmy build offers more performance for the same price. I know its overkill for 1080P but why would go with lesser for the same price? Its like buying a car with say... 300HP for the same price as the same car with 350hp, it makes no sense

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
1 month ago#64
Fade2black001 posted...
wentzelot posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Im just saying thatmy build offers more performance for the same price. I know its overkill for 1080P but why would go with lesser for the same price? Its like buying a car with say... 300HP for the same price as the same car with 350hp, it makes no sense

I could think of some reasons as to why someone would prefer 16gb of ram over a 1070.. but for the most part I do agree that a 1070 would be a better choice if he wanted one or the other

Fade2black001
1 month ago#65
wentzelot posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
wentzelot posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

I could think of some reasons as to why someone would prefer 16gb of ram over a 1070.. but for the most part I do agree that a 1070 would be a better choice if he wanted one or the other

I can as well but for strictly gaming purposes the 1070 would be the obvious choice though

User Info: Scruffyrex

Scruffyrex
1 month ago#66
A 1060 is close to perfect for 1080p/60fps. No need to pay for more unless you plan to upgrade to a 1440p and/or 144hz monitor.

Fade2black001
1 month ago#67
Scruffyrex posted...
A 1060 is close to perfect for 1080p/60fps. No need to pay for more unless you plan to upgrade to a 1440p and/or 144hz monitor.

My build is the same price as his is but it offers more performance. Its just silly not to go with it

User Info: Apex_Predator

Apex_Predator
1 month ago#68
Fade2black001 posted...
Scruffyrex posted...

My build is the same price as his is but it offers more performance. Its just silly not to go with it

Ok, but this isn't your build, it's mine. No where did I state for you to build me a pc. Ever since the OP, I've simply asked for recommendations on what I was doing so I don't know what your deal is, but if you continue like this then please excuse yourself from my thread.
all of my posts are my own opinion

Fade2black001
1 month ago#69
Apex_Predator posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Scruffyrex posted...

Ok, but this isn't your build, it's mine. No where did I state for you to build me a pc. Ever since the OP, I've simply asked for recommendations on what I was doing so I don't know what your deal is, but if you continue like this then please excuse yourself from my thread.

So you are going for lesser performance for the same price? Ok.... whatever

User Info: Apex_Predator

Apex_Predator
1 month ago#70
Fade2black001 posted...
Apex_Predator posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Scruffyrex posted...

So you are going for lesser performance for the same price? Ok.... whatever

You're being extremely disrespectful. Did you know that I need a mobo w/ built in WiFi? You obviously didn't based on your recommendations. However, you should of because I clearly stated it. Multiple times, I believe. Previously, you recommended an AMD build after my OP said no AMD. Now, you're assuming to know me, my tastes, and my plans. Maybe, I place a big emphasis on aesthetics as well as performance. Maybe, the GPU is temporary. Maybe, I want better quality RAM in my build. I could go on and on about why I might not like the build your recommending me, one which I never asked for.
all of my posts are my own opinion
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help w/ a solid 1080p/60fps build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived