This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Going to get a new computer. Is an AiO good enough for me?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Going to get a new computer. Is an AiO good enough for me?

User Info: GeminiDeus

GeminiDeus
2 months ago#11
Huh, really? I haven't added anything recently to make my computer act slow. My RAM and CPU usage went up somehow, going up to 30% or higher even when I have no programs opened. The other topic I mentioned is for assistance on issues I'm currently having, including having no sound as of yesterday for no known reason (though I was recommended to take apart some things and check them myself). I'd been considering doing a format prior to that issue. Also I don't know what a 1050 is or how to install it. Is there some place I could have someone else do that for me? I'm unsure about the Geek Squad since I've heard and read very sketchy things about their services.
Without truth, there is nothing.

User Info: d209999

d209999
2 months ago#12
GeminiDeus posted...
Also I don't know what a 1050 is or how to install it. Is there some place I could have someone else do that for me?

Is your current computer a desktop, or an all in one? If it's a desktop, do you know the make and model?
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

GeminiDeus
2 months ago#13
d209999 posted...
GeminiDeus posted...
Also I don't know what a 1050 is or how to install it. Is there some place I could have someone else do that for me?

Is your current computer a desktop, or an all in one? If it's a desktop, do you know the make and model?

It's a desktop HP Envy and it looks like this:

https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/34db3be4-6f32-4d6f-bce7-4332e4163115.png

User Info: phantasy

phantasy
2 months ago#14
Need to know the full specs on your pc.

A 1050 is a graphics card. Go to Amazon or newegg.com and just search for gtx 1050.

Also YouTube how to install a graphics card, it only takes like 5 mins at most even for someone who don't know.
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]

GeminiDeus
2 months ago#15
Sorry I'm being dumb, but which specs are you requesting? As for the graphics card, I'll see about it, but until I can figure out why my audio isn't working, it won't help me in that department.

User Info: d209999

d209999
2 months ago#16
Found it

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Desktop-h8-1534-FX-6200-Windows/dp/B00CS8EZLM

A 1050 would be a solid upgrade, and should just be a matter of pulling the 7570, putting the 1050 in its place, uninstalling the AMD drivers, and installing the Nvidia drivers.

Edit: Never mind, I am blind
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Going to get a new computer. Is an AiO good enough for me?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived