This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Metro games any good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Metro games any good?

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#21
I'll be honest... They have their downfalls, that prevent them from being my favorite shooters of all time. Some of which are nearly gamebreaking, but 98% of the time, the game is near perfect.

The 2% though, while it didn't prevent me from enjoying the game as a whole, had me almost turn it off and never play again, BEFORE I completed the game.

On Par with the Shadow Warrior games, I can easily say these are in the MUST PLAY category.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: MabinogiFan

MabinogiFan
2 months ago#22
Once I beat 2033, will I be able to go back to certain chapters? I've already missed several notes.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 month ago#23
MabinogiFan posted...
Some of the video options in 2033 Redux are pretty nuts. I have a GTX 1050 Ti and my fps still drops from 60 when graphics are on Very High with AF x 16. And SSAA makes the game pretty much unplayable for me, so I turned that off.

And it doesn't even look that great, I think they used so much fog effects and dodgy Slavic coding that it tanks the framerate.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#24
MabinogiFan posted...
Once I beat 2033, will I be able to go back to certain chapters? I've already missed several notes.

Yes, you can choose a chapter to play.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
1 month ago#25
I probably won't play them again, but the atmosphere is pretty damn good in both. The stories are above average. The gameplay is average. Not much replay value.

User Info: ToastyOne

ToastyOne
1 month ago#26
Is the original metro 2033 not worth playing anymore? I got it from some bundle then forgot about for 5 years. Never played it.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#27
ToastyOne posted...
Is the original metro 2033 not worth playing anymore? I got it from some bundle then forgot about for 5 years. Never played it.

You better get the M2033 Redux instead. The original one was a rather poor console port.

Very much looking forward to Metro Exodus.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#28
The original Metro 2033 is definitely worth playing, I got 50 hours on it [got all the achievements too]. It's a 6 hour game for reference. Great game.

However, you should just get the Redux version since it's so cheap. If you don't want to, make do with the original. After I bought the Redux version, I went on to spend 30 hours on it.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#29
Metro 2033 launched on PC and the 360 at the same time and I thought it targeted the PC. At the time people on this board were going nuts about the graphics because the game makes good use of lighting, though I always found it funny because the outdoor sections had garbage textures and they tried to just hide them behind the gas masks.

For me though, as I said before, the gameplay was the main detractor. The game wasn't bad but it could have used some more time in the oven.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#30
If you got redux and are a controller user or don't mind the mouse moving at different speeds between the x an y axis, great.

If not, f*** these two games.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Metro games any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived