This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Metro games any good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Metro games any good?

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
1 month ago#31
Again, if you play the game like your average shooter, then it will disappoint. Firefights are almost always the worst choice in a given scenario, or at least second best to stealth. The gunplay can be janky, but things like being able to shoot out lights or use sound and echos to your advantage make the game extremely entertaining. Plus the atmosphere of the game world is what is so engrossing, not the graphics or photorealism or anything like that.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: MabinogiFan

MabinogiFan
1 month ago#32
Yeah, I assumed Metro would be an action or firefight focused shooter. Not really looking to play any stealth shooters right now.

Does anyone know of any action-focused shooters? Ones that encourage annihilating everyone in your path?

GeminiX7
1 month ago#33
MabinogiFan posted...
Yeah, I assumed Metro would be an action or firefight focused shooter. Not really looking to play any stealth shooters right now.

Does anyone know of any action-focused shooters? Ones that encourage annihilating everyone in your path?

DOOM. The new one. It's a blast, and the game is so action-focused that the "f*** plot, f*** your backstory, f*** your motivations" mindset is built into the story/flow of the game. It's kind of beautiful.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
1 month ago#34
MabinogiFan posted...

You don't need to stealth around if you don't want to, you can do rambo on every area and every enemy if you want just like in an action fps game.

GeminiX7
1 month ago#35
Kinoringan posted...
MabinogiFan posted...

You don't need to stealth around if you don't want to, you can do rambo on every area and every enemy if you want just like in an action fps game.

You definitely can, but all the game's flaws become glaring when you do. Framerate hiccups, janky mechanics, pretty easy to kill AI, etc.

User Info: MabinogiFan

MabinogiFan
1 month ago#36
GeminiX7 posted...
MabinogiFan posted...

DOOM. The new one. It's a blast, and the game is so action-focused that the "f*** plot, f*** your backstory, f*** your motivations" mindset is built into the story/flow of the game. It's kind of beautiful.

I own DOOM on PS4, and I got about halfway through it, but I put it down when I got stuck on a certain boss. One of these days I'll pick it back up.

Know any other good action-based shooters?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#37
MabinogiFan posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
MabinogiFan posted...

I own DOOM on PS4, and I got about halfway through it, but I put it down when I got stuck on a certain boss. One of these days I'll pick it back up.

Know any other good action-based shooters?

I'll probably get DOOM on PC more than anything, only reason is for mods. I imagine the mods must be awsome for it.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Metro games any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived