This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what's the deal with Star Citizen? No SP in 2017 I take it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what's the deal with Star Citizen? No SP in 2017 I take it?

User Info: Pal 080

Pal 080
2 months ago#1
Haven't heard anything about the game recently, not that I've really been looking, but I do take in a lot of gaming news so it is kind of surprising nothing has come up in the last 6 months or so about the game.

Last I heard they were hoping to release the SP portion of the game (the only part I'm interested in) in 2017... but even then I didn't really have much faith in that being true... at this point I'm assuming it's not at all on track for that 2017...?

Anyone know? Are they still raising money for this thing as well..? I would think at some point they just need to focus on what the game is gonna be and finish it, but it seems like they keep getting more money and just adding to the scope of the game which seems like a never ending rat race.
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#2
Pal 080 posted...
Haven't heard anything about the game recently, not that I've really been looking, but I do take in a lot of gaming news so it is kind of surprising nothing has come up in the last 6 months or so about the game.

Last I heard they were hoping to release the SP portion of the game (the only part I'm interested in) in 2017... but even then I didn't really have much faith in that being true... at this point I'm assuming it's not at all on track for that 2017...?

Latest information I have on it is:
http://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/meet-the-defender-of-the-banu-140549?e=9b51f36096

There they talk about the single player still being worked on and that they'll livestream a bunch of junk from it this Christmas so it looks like 2017 is out for a release.

Pal 080 posted...
Are they still raising money for this thing as well..?

I don't think they're aggressively raising money for it, but I think money does keep pouring in from whatever they're selling this week (ships I guess). I don't really care since I put in my $60 and that's all they get.

I'd say it's still being worked on but it's probably closer to the end than to the beginning at this point.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what's the deal with Star Citizen? No SP in 2017 I take it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived