This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your favorite "fast" web browser?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is your favorite "fast" web browser?

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
2 months ago#1
The big guys seem to get slower with every update. I also have a habit of opening multiple tabs (like, obsessively) so memory footprint is also important for me, but at the same time, it would be nice to have a good balance with functionality (otherwise a bare-bones mobile browser would be the "fastest").

I used to use Avitor until they stopped updating it. I've been trying out Midori, Pale Moon, Torch & Vivaldi with mixed results. Any recommendations?

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 months ago#2
I just switched to Waterfox, because I don't want to lose all my extensions in a month. It's snappier and less resource intensive than Firefox, but otherwise feels exactly the same. Love it.

desuno-to
2 months ago#3
kobalobasileus posted...
I just switched to Waterfox

How does it compare to other Firefox based browsers like Comodo IceDragon?

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
2 months ago#4
vivaldi

User Info: red_robin

red_robin
2 months ago#5
Chrome

User Info: Alex197

Alex197
2 months ago#6
I use Opera and Firefox. Both offer different features, but I like the opera interface and VPN feature
i7 6800k 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS Strix 1070 ROG OC Edition, 512GB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, Corsair Graphite 780T
PSN: wolves_arsenal; Steam ID: Arsenalfc197

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#7
Chrome is best browser next to Edge
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 month ago#8
red_robin posted...
Chrome
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
1 month ago#9
Agree about waterfox. I've not had one of those slowdowns/stop script messages in forever.

I won't use chrome just because google owns it. They can start giving me money and I'll answer their f***ing questionaires about image A or B which mosquito is sexier for whatever ungodly purpose they want that info for.

desuno-to
1 month ago#10
@kobalobasileus @rpgian
Have you guys used any FFox alternatives other than waterfox to compare? (For eg Comodo Icedragon?)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is your favorite "fast" web browser?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived