This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your favorite "fast" web browser?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is your favorite "fast" web browser?

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
1 month ago#11
Beasthunt posted...
red_robin posted...
Chrome
My life is Disgaea.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#12
desuno-to posted...
@kobalobasileus @rpgian
Have you guys used any FFox alternatives other than waterfox to compare? (For eg Comodo Icedragon?)
Nope. I used to use SeaMonkey a LOOOONG time ago, but Firefox has done the job for me up until now.

For the record, I hate Chrome. Everything about it sucks: The UI, the "login so we can monetize you," the plugin/extension support, the extra service it installs in Windows... blech!

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#13
ShinXagura posted...
Beasthunt posted...
red_robin posted...
Chrome

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 month ago#14
kobalobasileus posted...
desuno-to posted...
@kobalobasileus @rpgian
Have you guys used any FFox alternatives other than waterfox to compare? (For eg Comodo Icedragon?)
Nope. I used to use SeaMonkey a LOOOONG time ago, but Firefox has done the job for me up until now.

For the record, I hate Chrome. Everything about it sucks: The UI, the "login so we can monetize you," the plugin/extension support, the extra service it installs in Windows... blech!

I hear you. I also hated how you couldn't opt out of many of their data collection schemes so I've been avoiding it like the plague.
That's why I liked Aviator so much, it was Chrome based, but with none of the privacy issues. I guess the next closest one right now is Comodo? It's pretty secure, but I'm finding it can get slow when you start opening 20+ tabs.

User Info: Galcian

Galcian
1 month ago#15
Pale Moon is good for lightweight browsing. Chrome is good because mostly everything works for it

User Info: axes2t2

axes2t2
1 month ago#16
Vivaldi and sometimes Opera.
If a pizza has a radius 'Z' and depth 'A' then its Volume = Pi * Z * Z * A

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#17
I hear that Firefox 57 will be a major overhaul, and that many current plug-ins will no longer work properly. Is that really the case?

I always keep Chrome as the alternative. Also I tried Opera for a short period of time before, didn't interest me as it offered nothing unique that I couldn't already do with the others.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#18
CursedPanther posted...
I hear that Firefox 57 will be a major overhaul, and that many current plug-ins will no longer work properly. Is that really the case?

Yes. Firefox will be replacing their current XUL plugin API with WebExtensions.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-add-technology-modernizing

Currently, only 3 out of the 23 add-ons I use are supported under WebEx, and most of their devs say they won't/can't port them over.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#19
kobalobasileus posted...
Currently, only 3 out of the 23 add-ons I use are supported under WebEx, and most of their devs say they won't/can't port them over.

Well considering that the addon database has a s*** ton of legacy and half broken/unsupported addons accumulated over the past decade, perhaps it's finally the time to start fresh.

Let's hope this major milestone has enough to attract developers new and returning.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#20
Chrome with the uBlock Origin extension for most things.

Firefox with Disconnection, NoScript and uBlock Origin add-ons for sensitive content.
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is your favorite "fast" web browser?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived