This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There is just too much s*** to plug in when using a computer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There is just too much s*** to plug in when using a computer

User Info: Street_Overlord

Street_Overlord
2 months ago#1
The tower needs to be plugged in
The monitor needs to be plugged in
The Modem needs to be plugged in
External HDs need to be plugged in
The speakers need to be plugged in

And when all that s*** has those stupid box plugs that look like this:
https://i.imgur.com/XvGG1Rv.jpg

And take up two goddamn spaces on a power strip for absolutely no reason, we have a problem. I need to keep unplugging and plugging things in and out just to play a game or plug in the bluray player. This is bull s***.

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
2 months ago#2
lol

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
2 months ago#3
I had to pick up several little power extension cables to fix that very problem. Luckily they are only like 2 bucks each though.
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: SleepComa

SleepComa
2 months ago#4
You're f***ing lazy, you plug it in once.

Street_Overlord
2 months ago#5
Triple_Aitch posted...
I had to pick up several little power extension cables to fix that very problem. Luckily they are only like 2 bucks each though.

Yeah, its annoying as sin.

Basically, I have only 1 outlet in my office. The outlet has 2 jacks. I have a power strip plugged into one of the jacks. The other jack doesnt work, I think the fuse blew out or something and short circuited it.

Anyway, the PC, Monitor, speaker and modem are all plugged into the power strip. This leaves me with only 2 slots left, and my external HD has that stupid big box shaped plug that fills two slots at once. So I can't plug in a game console, bluray/dvd player or anything else.

Street_Overlord
2 months ago#6
SleepComa posted...
You're f***ing lazy, you plug it in once.

I wouldn't even care, but the power outlet is behind the desk. I have to move the desk every time to plug something new in. It isn't about being lazy, its about being a bloody nuisance.

User Info: krazycharlie

krazycharlie
2 months ago#7
Get a laptop then. A gaming one at that. Maybe that should solve some of your problems, but not all of them. Or if you think this advice makes no sense, then go ahead and ignore it.
"U mad bro?".

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
2 months ago#8
My surge protector has 11 outlets.. 6 are extra wide for block plugs... Buy one

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 months ago#9
this is pathetic

Seriously? plugging stuff in is really your biggest problem? 2 of the things you mentioned were completely optional. You are sulking about something you literally choose to have.......
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
2 months ago#10
Get yourself a UPS, plug all the stuff into that and then plug that into the wall. That's like one thing.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There is just too much s*** to plug in when using a computer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived