This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2?

User Info: VaultDweller21

VaultDweller21
1 month ago#1
Which has the better main storyline, expansions, community, gameplay and role-playing elements?
"War, war never changes; until Bethesda came"

User Info: Smackpwn

Smackpwn
1 month ago#2
2 is a much better game, you get a full party and bigger world very similar to BG2

1 is more of the cult classic but hasent really aged very well, and you only get to fight with 1 other companion

User Info: d209999

d209999
1 month ago#3
I enjoyed 1 a lot more. But I agree that it is pretty aged
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
1 month ago#4
Smackpwn posted...
2 is a much better game, you get a full party and bigger world very similar to BG2

This
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: KoRnKoB

KoRnKoB
1 month ago#5
The next thing to ask too, is do you like to roleplay online?

Neverwinter Nights 1 is the only one that is still really alive online. There quite a few roleplay servers, Arelith coming to mind immediately.
PSN: PrincePAUL87 | http://www.backloggery.com/princepaul87
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/princepaul87

User Info: footballmanager

footballmanager
1 month ago#6
I played the original until the end; I liked the gameplay but thought the story was pretty meh. As for the sequel, I couldn't get past the intro because I had trouble controlling the camera. I liked the camera in 1; in 2 the bad camera made it unplayable for me.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#7
KoRnKoB posted...
Neverwinter Nights 1 is the only one that is still really alive online. There quite a few roleplay servers, Arelith coming to mind immediately.

I never played on too many of em but Escape from Uncertainty: Revelations is the most ludicrous and fun roleplay community I've ever seen on any game. PvP and RP going hand-in-hand is great there, and a DM team that gives a lot of support to players that like being evil and shaking the snow globe.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Golden_Gonads

Golden_Gonads
1 month ago#8
NWN1 has the better selection of amateur adventures (mods), NWN2 has the better main campaign (and expansion(s)). (Both have one great expansion and one which is... Less great, though NWN2's second expansion (Storm of Zehir) is a very different campaign which I personally love).

Role-Playing-wise... Neither had too much freedom from what I remember, though it wasn't any worse than other RPG's on the market.

User Info: Pitlord_Special

Pitlord_Special
1 month ago#9
I liked neverwinter nights 1 a lot better. Original campaign isn't particularly special and goes by the Bioware playbook (which was fresh at the time but has become a rather familiar structure used in almost all their games to date). The expansions were pretty good though and there's a few gems in terms of fan made campaigns (Aielund saga was probably favorite of these). Never really played online with it though

NWN2 I've probably tried 3 times to beat. It's just a clunky game to me in terms of controls and interface and starts to feel like a chore to play before I can finish it.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
1 month ago#10
I can only speak for the single player campaign, but NWN1 is so unbelievably long and boring that I have a somewhat difficult time believing that anyone this day and age could actually play through the thing considering how many cheap alternatives are available. I certainly didn't make it through.

NWN2 is classic Bioware fare, so I mostly enjoyed it. Nothing special, not their best game, and the fantasy setting couldn't be more generic (although that goes for NWN1 as well). But it's all competent and I don't regret playing it through to the end.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived