This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Cuphead harder than Megaman X4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Cuphead harder than Megaman X4?

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
1 month ago#31
I don't know, but considering I managed to beat Megaman X4, I say it's a pretty easy game (and yes, I suck at platformers).

Megaman X5 was kinda easy too (with Zero, at least. Never played it with X). Megaman X6, however, almost gave me a heart attack.
VERY curious cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD0e5DUp28
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 month ago#32
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
X4 is proably the easiet of the PSX games. Even Sigma is fairly easy despite having 3 forms.

X5 is much harder due to stage design, gimmicks and OMFG that Sigma battle and his purple cubes of DOOM!(which I've never successfully dodge without abusing Nova Strike)

X6's stage design is broken

X3 is probably the hardest. Kaiser Sigma is probably one of the hardest Sigma forms I've faced.

X3 doesn't give you a lot of room to move, but it's actually a pretty easy fight. Just like the rest of X3, it's more "punishing" than "hard". You just have to make sure your jump arc is right and hug the right height on the wall.
The midboss in Tunnel Rhino's stage trains you for that, as do Bit and Byte, the later two being tbqh way f***ing harder than fat sigma could ever hope to be.

Thinking back, maybe it was less Kaiser Sigma and just Captain America Sigma.

The fortress bosses, Sigma especially, surprisingly deals crazy amount of damage, even WITH armor. I actually had to hunt for the Golden Armor to even stand a chance. Even then, they still did like 1/3 damage.
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
1 month ago#33
Zero made X4 a cakewalk. Its the nes megaman games that are hard.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#34
oblique365 posted...
Zero made X4 a cakewalk. Its the nes megaman games that are hard.

I'm pretty sure you get less items from enemies as Zero, so while he's powerful for people that stink at dodging he may be harder?

User Info: BigTee66

BigTee66
1 month ago#35
sylverlolol posted...
Easy or not...X4 is my favorite. I spent sooooo much time playing that as a kid. f*** jet stingray though. That entire level sucked so much ass.

Storm owl always rekt me as X, with Zero though hes a joke

Yeah i hated Stingray, that guy was my stopping point of the game
MSI Z170-A PRO LGA 1151 | i5 6500K | ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 | 8GB DDR4 x 2 | EVGA 650W | Inwin 703 Black |
Steam: teeman92

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#36
Chaos_Missile posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
X4 is proably the easiet of the PSX games. Even Sigma is fairly easy despite having 3 forms.

X5 is much harder due to stage design, gimmicks and OMFG that Sigma battle and his purple cubes of DOOM!(which I've never successfully dodge without abusing Nova Strike)

X6's stage design is broken

X3 is probably the hardest. Kaiser Sigma is probably one of the hardest Sigma forms I've faced.

X3 doesn't give you a lot of room to move, but it's actually a pretty easy fight. Just like the rest of X3, it's more "punishing" than "hard". You just have to make sure your jump arc is right and hug the right height on the wall.
The midboss in Tunnel Rhino's stage trains you for that, as do Bit and Byte, the later two being tbqh way f***ing harder than fat sigma could ever hope to be.

Thinking back, maybe it was less Kaiser Sigma and just Captain America Sigma.

The fortress bosses, Sigma especially, surprisingly deals crazy amount of damage, even WITH armor. I actually had to hunt for the Golden Armor to even stand a chance. Even then, they still did like 1/3 damage.

Oh yeah, Cappy Sigma is a pain. Fast, hits hard, and not a lot of good chances to attack. Plus, if you have the arm upgrade, you have to time charge shots so that it doesn't stop you in place when you shoot.
Yeah, f*** that charge shot upgrade.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: ChamillionLive

ChamillionLive
1 month ago#37
It's kinda weird seeing people complain about Jet Stingray's stage. To me that was the easiest, most fun stage of the game lol and if you had Frost Tower you could literally stay in the same spot and beat him.
"C4 is not a substitute for a certified mechanic." - A_Hairy_Waffle

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
1 month ago#38
Cuphead is pretty easy to play. I don't understand the difficulty curve people are claiming.
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#39
ChamillionLive posted...
It's kinda weird seeing people complain about Jet Stingray's stage. To me that was the easiest, most fun stage of the game lol and if you had Frost Tower you could literally stay in the same spot and beat him.

NTSC or PAL?
The stage had a lot of moments where being in the wrong place basically meant instant death. You just had to know what was coming.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
1 month ago#40
Megaman X4 is super hard for me, I have an easier time with the Zero games :/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Cuphead harder than Megaman X4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived