This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good does Crysis 3 look compared to Modern Games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How good does Crysis 3 look compared to Modern Games?

User Info: Always_Youth

Always_Youth
1 month ago#1
In terms of graphics, and technical blahblah, how good does Crysis 3 look compared to Modern games? Modern PC games?

I am a console gamer, and unfamiliar with alot of PC Gaming, so I would like to know what you guys think.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 month ago#2
At 8k texture resolution, it's still pretty good looking for a 4 year old game. Not only does it look good, it also has some stellar effects such as lighting.

What's makes the game look good is that the game doesn't sacrifice polygons and use extremely high texture, which is an efficiency boost for some games. Halo 3 to 4, you can see a lot of this technique used to make it run smoother on the 360, which in its defense at the last leg of its lifespan.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#3
Many professional reviewers continue to use Crysis 3 as a benchmark test for the latest PC hardware these days. That should tell you about the graphics and the level of demand it has.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#4
It's managed to stay pretty competitive. Where it suffers most is the materials and lighting, but it's not stuff people are going to point and go "geeze look at these dated material effects!".
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
1 month ago#5
It still look great compared to modern pc games, hell even Crysis 1 doest look half bad today.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
1 month ago#6
The good thing about cryengine is that it doesn't the same way as other popular engines. The bad thing is the workflow is a b****.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#7
Pretty damn nice, a shame about all that non-needed tessellation killing performance on AMD GPUs though.
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#8
johnny_pay posted...
The good thing about cryengine is that it doesn't the same way as other popular engines.

But does it the graphics?
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
1 month ago#9
.....Crysis 3 isn't a modern game? How old are you?
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#10
TimePharaoh posted...
.....Crysis 3 isn't a modern game? How old are you?

It's around 3~4 years old now.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How good does Crysis 3 look compared to Modern Games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived