This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think game developers are purposely making their game more demanding?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think game developers are purposely making their game more demanding?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#11
Born Lucky posted...
Except . . they're only demanding because the devs are incompetent.

We have modern games that "require" a 1060 , that don't look as good as games from 5 years ago.

Takes a lot of power to run denuvo, and connections to every loot box and microtransaction server
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#12
The Evil Within 2 looks and runs better than The Evil Within 1.

I do think this happens, would like to not be jaded and say its just devs pushing graphics but we get some god awful games that just aren't taking advantage of the hardware you have to wonder sometimes.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: murphy230

murphy230
1 month ago#13
Terrorknight3 posted...
dennis941012 posted...
what new games requires better specs than witcher 3?

in 2015, the top video cards were the 970,980

In 2017, the top video cards are the 1070, 1080.

What's the point of buying current year video card then?

Higher resolution ? Higher frames per second ?
i7 4770k 4.6GHz| Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI | WD Black 1TB | 16 GB RAM 2133Mhz | corsair TX 750M | Samsung 840 pro 256GB |H100i |CM Stryker |ASUS Maximus Formula VI |

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
1 month ago#14
Not on purpose, more a case of they have a deadline so they don't have enough time to optimise it properly.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#15
TBH nier automata is quite a bit more demanding than witcher 3 GPU-wise. I can tell because I have rivatuner running in the background and currently, of the games I own, nier automata is the most demanding game I have GPU-wise. Anyways, the reason for this is because witcher 3 has a lot of flat trees that are not made using polygons, but Nier Automata trees are all real, made using polygons. The fake trees don't matter as much for Witcher 3 because you can't really change the perspective of the game, but in Nier Automata it has to allow for all sorts of perspectives so cardboard trees wouldn't work at all.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#16
SinisterSlay posted...
Born Lucky posted...
Except . . they're only demanding because the devs are incompetent.

We have modern games that "require" a 1060 , that don't look as good as games from 5 years ago.

Takes a lot of power to run denuvo, and connections to every loot box and microtransaction server

Yet here I am getting 60fps on high settings in Shadow of War with a 3770k and SLI 670s. So demanding.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#17
CursedPanther posted...
Crysis 1 took another 2 generations of top tier GPU to max out on 1080p and maintain a 60fps. Yet you didn't hear mongrels blaming and flaming Crytek for it being 'unoptimized' back in those days.

Apparently you were living under a rock and missed the whole 'but can it run Crysis?' meme. And while it was graphically advanced for the time, yes, Crysis also wasn't particularly well optimized, not making good use of cores/threads in particular.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
1 month ago#18
No, I just think a lot of devs aren't optimizing their PC ports as well as they could be.
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#19
Killah Priest posted...

I do think this happens, would like to not be jaded and say its just devs pushing graphics but we get some god awful games that just aren't taking advantage of the hardware you have to wonder sometimes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
1 month ago#20
JKatarn posted...
Killah Priest posted...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

But Evil within 2 still runs bad and only seems to uses 2 cores of your cpu to render most of the graphical effects in the game, thus creating a bottleneck for the gpu, also the game engine is crap by the way. Why didnt they use the much more better idtech 6 engine to create the game have left me puzzled.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think game developers are purposely making their game more demanding?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived