This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think game developers are purposely making their game more demanding?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think game developers are purposely making their game more demanding?

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
1 month ago#41
sfcalimari posted...
Also probably a lot of desktop gamers thinking 4k is a bit of overkill for a 21" or 24" monitor.

OLED TVs are becoming a cheaper. Also there is the whole HDR mess right now. It's a bad time to upgrade at the high/mid end. HDR needs a winner.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#42
sfcalimari posted...
CursedPanther posted...
sfcalimari posted...
I can't imagine 4k monitors and overpriced 10xx cards are a big part of the market. It would be interesting to see what the market share of 1070's is versus 970's. Game developers probably feel a bit held back in making next gen graphics if their games would be unplayable for a lot of people. Resolution is scalable though so they can give 1080p to the masses and 4k for the elite and the next 10+ years of gaming. I haven't seen much non-resolution graphics innovations lately, but you see stuff like vastly improved lip-synching technology, which I guess isn't based on hardware performance.

The long lifespan of PS4/Xbone is also creating a typical plateau.

The 1060 6GB has been the PC community favorite for a while now since the 970, and the '3.5GB VRAM' incident surprised a lot of the green team users that got rid of them fast. The price drive-up is due to the miners hording the supplies everywhere earlier this year, but it has been slowly returning to normal in the last couple of months.

1060 doesn't seem like a big enough jump in power from a 970 for me, I haven't had any trouble playing new games at 1080p with the 970.

I'd really like to know what the market share of things like the 1060/1070 is, as well as 4k gaming/TV's. All I could find seemed to point to 4k dominating the market at some point in the next 2-3 years but it's a niche thing right now due to expense and people being fine with their current HDTV's. Prices are really coming down though. Also probably a lot of desktop gamers thinking 4k is a bit of overkill for a 21" or 24" monitor.

If you own a 970 and have stuck despite of everything, the upgrade path for you should be the 1070 or above.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#43
Abiz_ posted...
sfcalimari posted...
Also probably a lot of desktop gamers thinking 4k is a bit of overkill for a 21" or 24" monitor.

OLED TVs are becoming a cheaper. Also there is the whole HDR mess right now. It's a bad time to upgrade at the high/mid end. HDR needs a winner.

They finally found a way to mass produce OLED's? It was expensive for awhile.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#44
It was mostly expensive because it's a new technology, so they produce low volumes at high costs to work out the kinks. OLED had a lot of problems to get past before it was a worthwhile alternative to LCD.
There are several companies gearing up to mass produce consumer market OLED displays in the near future, so the market is probably responding to that.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#45
with what Activision has pulled this week, I wouldn't be surprised if they did
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think game developers are purposely making their game more demanding?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived