This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why there's so much cheaters in FPS community?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why there's so much cheaters in FPS community?

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
1 month ago#11
A perfect example of the kinds of excuses I'm talking about. Thank you.
The SilentCaay Channel - Shadowverse and other video game vids.
Shadowverse - Oh, Tenko, You So Fine! (Ep. 126) - https://youtu.be/5EWCNS7NPys

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#12
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I never understood the cheating. I just don't understand how it is fun to do well due to a cheat. I also don't understand how people are not bothered that they are ruining the experience of others.

It's an ego boost for the kids.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: GundamMonX

GundamMonX
1 month ago#13
I never understood the cheating. I just don't understand how it is fun to do well due to a cheat. I also don't understand how people are not bothered that they are ruining the experience of others.

You're giving people far too much credit--empathy, compassion, and self-reflection is a lot less frequent than you'd think. People who cheat just don't care, and there's no actual tangible repercussions online for being caught.

As long as there is some benefit/victory on the line--real or virtual--people will lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want, and they'll step on anybody who gets in their way.
"If Keanu Reeves didn't look so non-Asian, he would never have made it into Hollywood."--LuminescentRule

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
1 month ago#14
GundamMonX posted...

You're giving people far too much credit--empathy, compassion, and self-reflection is a lot less frequent than you'd think. People who cheat just don't care, and there's no actual tangible repercussions online for being caught.

As long as there is some benefit/victory on the line--real or virtual--people will lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want, and they'll step on anybody who gets in their way.

Some anti-cheat software (I Forget the names) actually would hard ban you from the game by IP and by your Hardware ID in your PC like your motherboard, GPU, etc. These aren't that common though and I only ever saw this in certain DayZ Mod servers.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
1 month ago#15
spike_spiegel posted...
GundamMonX posted...

Some anti-cheat software (I Forget the names) actually would hard ban you from the game by IP and by your Hardware ID in your PC like your motherboard, GPU, etc. These aren't that common though and I only ever saw this in certain DayZ Mod servers.

Battle net does this as well if you are a repeat offender.

Children. And I say that because when I was 17 and WarCraft 3 first came out I used a map hack while playing online ladder games. I just wanted to win. Now that I am in my 30s and compete online I have a better sense of satisfaction when I win fairly.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why there's so much cheaters in FPS community?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived