This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole has Denuvo DRM

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. South Park: The Fractured but Whole has Denuvo DRM

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
2 months ago#41
It's a popular series. No way they don't crack it in a day or two. Now if it was "Ko-Kashi's Lunar Tear: A Journey to the Neptunian Cortex of beinglessness" or some extremely niche game Denuvo would be useful because it wouldn't even hit the groups radar for the reps of cracking it and the twenty people who want it would have to buy it.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#42
Dyshonest posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
yohabroha posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Kyle1022 posted...
Why is this a topic? We've known these things for months.

People think its big news when a game has denuvo as they ware their tinfoil hats too tightly and think i'll about it.

loosen yours up

I don't even wear one cause I'm not a paranoid f***er

LOL BS and learn to do math. 75% of 200 is 50

or

People think its big news when a game has denuvo as they ware their tinfoil hats too tightly and think i'll about it

Not sure which one is worse.

Oh right, and like you are so perfect who makes no mistakes... Get the f*** out of here
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#43
Heisenberg312 posted...
Hopefully, drm gets better and better, so pirates end up sitting on gamefaq crying instead of gaming, like the rest of us.

I have bad news to tell you...
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#44
Fade2black001 posted...
Heisenberg312 posted...
Hopefully, drm gets better and better, so pirates end up sitting on gamefaq crying instead of gaming, like the rest of us.

I am proud to be a pirate and have been for over 15 years.

Scurvy dawg!
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 months ago#45
Lienhart posted...
Renraku_San posted...
I can taste the salty tears of pirates already, lol.

Except the pirates aren't the ones b****ing because the games get cracked within a week on average.

How the f*** did you come to the conclusion that pirates b**** about DRM? They never deal with it. f***, I never dealt with DRM when I was in high school waiting for literally days for a game to finish DLing off IRC or usenet.

I swear I have a 50/50 chance of reading your posts then wanting whatever the hell it is you're smoking because of what you write.

Pretty sure Renraku is a character, like Steven Colbert's original persona before he took over the Late Show.

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#46
Dyshonest posted...
wentzelot posted...
game looks to be worse than the prequel anyways. along with this news i'll be passing. thanks tc
I'll summarize the exquisite writing for you:

AIDS

fart

fart

ANAL PROBE

fart

turd

AIDS

turd

AIDS

fart

Repeat ad nauseum.

South Park games are more immature than the show ever was, which is amazing.

Rick and Morty is basically the same concept, but replace AIDS and anal probe with "burp".

Huhuhuhuh... (reads title) they said Butthole!

hehheheh heh Yeah!
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
2 months ago#47
>2017
>Expecting Ubisoft not to use 9001 different forms of DRM

Face it, Ubisoft is utterly terrible in terms of how they handle DRM. The only reason they get less hate than EA or WB is due to EA killing all the devs under it, and WB spamming loot boxes and etc.

Unfortunately,even if Denuvo stops being used, Ubisoft will still insist on linking their games to uPlay, despite that POS causing far more harm than good and pissing off Steam fans to no end. As a wise man once said, with regards to Origin and uPlay:

"No Steam no Buy"

User Info: j_coat

j_coat
2 months ago#48
Is the game out yet? Are there any DRM jokes in it? Like will Cartman show up in a pirate costume and call you a pirate if you try to play the game while not logged in to Steam or uPlay?
3DS FC: 4554-0356-4310 Garbodor / Cascoon / Whirlipede-Pokemon XY Safari

User Info: r0xm2n

r0xm2n
2 months ago#49
Inb4 Denuvo is already cracked as I'm typing this post.
Or will be within 24 hours..... <_<
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEvilbyte

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#50
spike_spiegel posted...
One day we will see games appear on Steam that launch through Uplay but then it launches through Bethesda Launcher but then it launches through Origin before the game will work.

And it will require you to use a DRM OS that has DRM baked into it from the ground up so that you can't copy files and you can only move files to authorized locations/devices.

Renraku_San posted...
I can taste the salty tears of pirates already, lol.

Why would people who play without Denuvo or uPlay be crying?

Damaged7 posted...
"Gee i'd like to play this new game, i'll just play games while I wait for it to be cracked. Two days later and its not cracked? Oh well....i'll just play one of the 100 other games I downloaded and come back when its cracked"

Pirates don't sit there stewing at their PC refreshing their browser every second waiting for a crack announcement.

Pretty much. Hell, they might even have a large, legitimate library of games to play while they wait.

I've got something like 400 games in Steam and several more with uPlay, Origin, and GOG, and much of that backlog is due to me sinking hundreds of hours into games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 and thousands into games like Path of Exile.

If I were inclined to pirate a game using Denuvo I've got a ton of other, more interesting things to do than get bent out of shape because a crack took a couple days, a few months, or even a year to get pushed out, and I can't see most pirates having fewer interesting things to do than I have.

Heisenberg312 posted...

While I suspect that you're being facetious/sarcastic, I think I'll hope in the other direction. Not, mind you, because I care about piracy but because I can't help but view "better" DRM as harmful to content creation as a whole by taking power away from the consumer and giving it to people who generally don't have the consumers' best interests at heart.

Then again I also think that copyright law should be abolished, if only because of how copyright owners have abused it over the centuries, all too often to the detriment of artists/creators, and that if content creators going to a patronage/Patreon/crowdfunding system means that "AAA" games as we know them would cease to exist then that's just one more reason for content creation to go that route. I mean I gotta say, the idea that a game which sells 5m+ copies is still a failure is just bug nuts crazy, and blaming the consumers for it rather than the idiots that made the game's costs run into the 9 digit area is just asinine.

Should we really support an industry where the biggest names in it are effectively saying, "Well, we spent so much money churning out our yearly DLC update to X that we need to sell it for $70, sell 25m copies, pack $5m worth of DLC into the game and charge 10m customers $200/customer for it, and add in random loot for cash mechanics and other 'micro'transactions just to break even?"
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. South Park: The Fractured but Whole has Denuvo DRM

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived