This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's Ryzen 3 for emulation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's Ryzen 3 for emulation?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 months ago#1
Can it run Dolphin, PCSX2, and PPSSPP at full speed? Does it have enough power to run what few games are playable on Cemu?

I want to get a decent Gaming PC for both PC games and emulation, and Ryzen 3 is currently the cheapest good quad-core available.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
2 months ago#2
Havent tested personally but based on specs it should be more than enough for dolphin and pcsx2l..

Cemu is a different story. In the future it might be okay but right now i think people are using overclocked 7700k to get full speed on cemu.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 months ago#3
did a quick search and it seems like you would be better off going intel for emulation
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: load

load
2 months ago#4
You want 1800+ single thread rating. My r5 1500x has 1864 and runs everything i throw at it just fine. The 1300x has 1853 and the 1200 has 1724. You'll need speed hacks for some ps2 games like shadow colossus and champions return to arms, but as far as i know Intel needs them too on some games. GameCube everything is gravy and i haven't tried psp

There's also a promo code for some sort of discount on newegg for the 1300x until 10/18
Halo pc 4 life
TGRI saves lives

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 months ago#5
load posted...
You want 1800+ single thread rating. My r5 1500x has 1864 and runs everything i throw at it just fine. The 1300x has 1853 and the 1200 has 1724. You'll need speed hacks for some ps2 games like shadow colossus and champions return to arms, but as far as i know Intel needs them too on some games. GameCube everything is gravy and i haven't tried psp

have you tried zone of the enders?
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: load

load
2 months ago#6
I have not, i can try it soon and post back about it though, maybe tonight or tomorrow.
Halo pc 4 life
TGRI saves lives

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#7
It should mostly be fine, but cheaper Intel chips do better for the most part.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 months ago#8
oblique365 posted...
Havent tested personally but based on specs it should be more than enough for dolphin and pcsx2l..

Cemu is a different story. In the future it might be okay but right now i think people are using overclocked 7700k to get full speed on cemu.

So Cemu is basically "Don't bother unless you're willing to spend $300+ on your CPU?"

Also according to this: https://www.anandtech.com/show/11658/the-amd-ryzen-3-1300x-ryzen-3-1200-cpu-review/4
Stock Ryzen 3 1200 scores 435 seconds in the Dolphin bench mark. An actual Wii scored 17.53 minutes (About 1050 seconds,) So any CPU with a score less than that is capable of 100% speed in Dolphin, right?
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#9
The new 8600k or even the newer 8000 series i3s should be fine too.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Fate8

Fate8
2 months ago#10
CPUs are not strong enough for cemu yet.
Thats because you touch yourself at night.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's Ryzen 3 for emulation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived