This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shadow of War uses over 20GB of memory in 4K ultra

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Shadow of War uses over 20GB of memory in 4K ultra

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
2 months ago#11
it_r_over9000 posted...
What kind of frame rates are you getting with your 1080 ti at 4K in that game?

Good question, for some reason 30FPS was my only option using Vsync on my 60Hz TV. I just played like that for the night and for this kind of game it was fine. I am going to play with Vsync settings in Nvidia control panel to see if I can lock it higher. I have been participating in a friend's wedding all weekend so haven't had much time to tinker.

I have damn near the exact same setup as used in the link above and so I would imagine I would get around 50s.
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#12
I have a 1440p G-sync monitor and as far as I can tell the 1080 ti gets pretty good numbers at 1440p according to that link above so it would most likely be buttery smooth for me. I haven't decided if I'm going to get the game or not though. Money's a little tight but I just started a new job which gives me significantly more income a month so I can actually buy some games again.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: triple s

triple s
2 months ago#13
it_r_over9000 posted...
protools1983 posted...
Almost 9GB of VRAM and 12GB of RAM are used when playing Shadow of War in 4K ultra. The 4K textures are very noticable as the clarity is outstanding and the game looks great however nothing mind blowing. Nice to see the high end hardware being used though :)

But 8 GB of RAM is enough!!!!111

Good to know if I ever got that game and tried to play it at 4K for some reason that I'd have enough system RAM and VRAM. What kind of frame rates are you getting with your 1080 ti at 4K in that game?

8GB IS enough though. The game says I don't have enough RAM to play it but I run it 4K on Ultra without a hitch.
GT:Triple S 06 PSN: TripleS24
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
2 months ago#14
protools1983 posted...
Almost 9GB of VRAM and 12GB of RAM are used when playing Shadow of War in 4K ultra. The 4K textures are very noticable as the clarity is outstanding and the game looks great however nothing mind blowing. Nice to see the high end hardware being used though :)

Who cares 4K is a waste of money anyways.

165hz/2k/gsync/ips master race bro.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

protools1983
1 month ago#15
iemerg_ posted...

Peasant :)

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
1 month ago#16
protools1983 posted...
Nice to see the high end hardware being not properly optimized though :)

FTFY
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#17
protools1983 posted...
iemerg_ posted...

Peasant :)

+1
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms

protools1983
1 month ago#18
Jedi454 posted...
protools1983 posted...
Nice to see the high end hardware being not properly optimized though :)

FTFY

That sentence doesn't even make sense. And the game runs fine, it is just using the memory because I have 32GB of RAM and 11GB of VRAM. If it's there the game will use it, that is why others with less are also running fine.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Shadow of War uses over 20GB of memory in 4K ultra

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived