This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC unresponsive for no apparent reason

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC unresponsive for no apparent reason

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
1 month ago#1
I've been having this problem for 3-4 days maybe. My PC boots up fast as usual (SSD and i5 4670), but on desktop it becomes really unresponsive - say, I want to launch my browser, it normally happens within 1 sec after clicking, but when this problem strikes, it takes several minutes. The start menu is affected, launching any software as well as the good old ctrl+alt+delete. All very slow. Also, when the browser manages to finally launch, it still takes a relatively long time t load any website.

The CPU usage nears 0%, RAM usage is normal, the HDD diode on my case doesn't show anything really suspicious. Scans by Kaspersky and Malwarebytes come up with nothing.

edit: Strangely enough, restarting the PC about 1-3 times gets rid of the issue for one boot. After that it's lottery.

Any idea what that might be or where to look for clues?
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: ToastyOne

ToastyOne
1 month ago#2
Reinstall windows. That always helps.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
1 month ago#3
ToastyOne posted...

This is why consoles exist god I hate these can’t figure it out problems
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#4
MASKOAAA posted...
ToastyOne posted...

This is why consoles exist god I hate these can’t figure it out problems

Windows as an OS has never been known for its efficiency, or troubleshooting easiness. It always loads up a whole bunch of background process that average users or gamers won't ever bother with and taking up hardware resources. W10 is a major step for MS to trim things down, but there's still a long road ahead.

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
1 month ago#5
What do you know, it seems that it's all because I accidentaly activated malwarebytes's premium trial (instead of just updating its database). Turning off its startup on boot solved the problem.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC unresponsive for no apparent reason

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived