This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are gaming laptops getting so much more marketing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are gaming laptops getting so much more marketing?

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
1 month ago#11
Terrorknight3 posted...
Lienhart posted...
While I'm all for gaming laptops, especially when you consider the price/performance ratio with respect to BUSINESS CLASS LAPTOPS (which are overpriced pieces of s***), everyone forgets a very important thing about gaming laptops....

They still last, at most, half the life span of a PC sadly due to heat issues.

Many gaming laptops now have two fans to help with thermal management. I still see the lifespan of gaming laptops last at least more than 4-5 years.

My last gaming laptop lasted most of 5 years and needed the upgrade only because the console cycle brought higher requirements and better graphics. My current laptop is now 3yrs old has barely shown it's age in any way. Temps are fine and graphics tweaks are minor if I have to bother at all. [MSI GT72 - 4710HQ/980m 8GB/16GB RAM]
Explain why MSI needs our laptops on top of the wholesale cost they're already get from us in their GT72(s)/GT80(s) trade in program? MSI isn't to be trusted!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are gaming laptops getting so much more marketing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived