This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

League of Legends just got a resurgence of growth?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. League of Legends just got a resurgence of growth?

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
1 month ago#1
Apparently Riot got over 100 application for their LCS franchising system.

Insane man of how many teams want to buy in.

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
1 month ago#2
application period probably just opened up seeing as it's the end of the season and all.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
1 month ago#3
Voidgolem posted...
application period probably just opened up seeing as it's the end of the season and all.

They got over 100 applicants already though.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#4
Well...

2016 LCS had a prize pool of $5,070,000.00

I'm planning to retire off around $2,000,000 but it will take approximately 20~ years to compound via index strategies. These guys can make that in one tournament.

Geez, I wonder why it's popular lol

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#5
where do you live where 2 mil is enough to retire
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

Lienhart
1 month ago#6
yohabroha posted...

Pretty expensive area actually (traffic here is going to rival San Fran according to experts). I'm just not stupid with my money and thankfully video games are a very cheap form of entertainment.

It costs approximately $2,000 a month to sustain my fiance and I assuming we retire now, that's $24,000 needed for an above average life style. Bump it up to $48,000 so we can buy random s***. $2,000,000 / $48,000 = 42 years~ not counting inflation.

Keep in mind $2,000,000 does not mean I'm liquidating 2 million at once so assuming we are only removing $48,000/y, we'll actually die before we run out due to interest on the investment and there is buffer if I wanted to do something stupid like buy a Ferrari.

These LoL players though? They could have that tomorrow.

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
1 month ago#7
yohabroha posted...

Where I live in Maine, USA you could easily retire off 2,000,000. Let's say I live to be 80 years old (safe bet.) and I'm currently 28 that means I need to make the 2,000,000 last me 52 years. In Maine 30,000-40,000 a year is middle class and/or comfertable living for a family. 2,000,000 / 35,000 = 57, That's 57 years I could live comfertable as middle class in my state. That means I could take 5,000 a year extra and spend it on whatever ontop of living middle class and being able to save money. I make 25,000 right now a year and I pay for rent, internet, phone, cable, food, gas, ciggerettes, weed and I manage to go out to the club twice a week and am able to afford $2,000 PC builds and nice gaming equipment. If I made an extra $15,000 a year than I do now I'd be living in my own house with a new car.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#8
y'all lucky
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
1 month ago#9
yohabroha posted...
y'all lucky

Where do you live? just move lol.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

Lienhart
1 month ago#10
yohabroha posted...
y'all lucky

You can PM me if you want finance management advice. I'm an investor and software developer that works on brokerage systems. I also manage my finance's investments + my own.

The trigger for this is because I maxed out a $2,000 credit card when I was 18 and quickly learned to never f***ing do that again lol
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. League of Legends just got a resurgence of growth?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived