This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Motion Blur: On or Off?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Motion Blur: On or Off?

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 months ago#21
I didn't pay for a ULMB G-Sync montior to have the game make itself blurry again.

Off. Always.
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
2 months ago#22
I used to be a big fan of it, thought it looked cool.

I have no idea what changed, but one day I thought "this looks s***" and turned it off in whatever game it was I was playing (might have been RE5). Then I started turning it off in everything. It looks so much better, I'm wondering if it was f***ing with GSYNC.

Motion blur is for consoles since they run at 30fps and it masks the awful visuals a bit. But at 60fps and above, it needs to be off.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: Erhnam Djinn

Erhnam Djinn
2 months ago#23
Always off.
You could never understand the humiliation I have gone through. . . The burden of having to be the best. . . of having to be worthy.

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#24
Motion Blur if it's done right isn't bad. It's certainly less necessary at higher framerates though. I'd say the higher the framerate the less it needs and at 60fps and above it should be gone or off except in cases where it's used for a special effect.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Alpreyz

Alpreyz
2 months ago#25
Off. It is a cheap way to try making games look cinematic. It doesn't make it look remotely good or cinematic.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#26
Works best for 30fps and since PC is always at least 60fps or higher it isn't needed on PC. I tried it at both 60 and 30fps and it looks great for 30fps but unecessary for 60fps.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
2 months ago#27
Somato posted...
always off

Yes. I don't see the attraction, though some people must like it, I suppose.
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#28
captsplatter_1 posted...
Works best for 30fps and since PC is always at least 60fps or higher it isn't needed on PC. I tried it at both 60 and 30fps and it looks great for 30fps but unecessary for 60fps.

How does it work better for 30fps? Just wondering.
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#29
Jedi454 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...

How does it work better for 30fps? Just wondering.

I guess the thought is the blur will hide the chugginess of the poor framerate. Not sure I'm 100% sold on that idea though.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
2 months ago#30
Marikhen posted...

If I wanted "motion blur" I could just wear glasses instead of contacts while gaming, push my glasses down a bit, and then look through them while standing still and over them while moving. Boom; motion blur. Without a PC-side performance hit. Hell, given how near-sighted I am that would also function as a replacement for "depth of field" since I'd practically have to plant my nose on the monitor to see anything clearly and the edges of the display would still be all blurry.

Can relate. Have -10/-10 eyes. Laughed when I read this.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Motion Blur: On or Off?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived