This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Motion Blur: On or Off?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Motion Blur: On or Off?

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#41
yohabroha posted...
Jedi454 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Works best for 30fps and since PC is always at least 60fps or higher it isn't needed on PC. I tried it at both 60 and 30fps and it looks great for 30fps but unecessary for 60fps.

How does it work better for 30fps? Just wondering.

I guess the thought is the blur will hide the chugginess of the poor framerate. Not sure I'm 100% sold on that idea though.

I wouldn't be either. It takes increased PC resources to create that blur effect, and if your resources are already strained to the point that you're only getting 30 FPS then it seems that turning on motion blur would be contraindicated.

Would it really be better to play the game at 24 or 28 FPS with motion blur than to play the game at 30 FPS without motion blur?

Lienhart posted...
Can relate. Have -10/-10 eyes. Laughed when I read this.

Mine are 20/400. On the one hand I don't need a magnifying glass to work on electronics, but on the other hand I need glasses to see anything clearly if it's farther away from my face than about 3-4".

On the gripping hand, if I were to work on electronics "properly" then I'd be using goggles which would necessitate the use of contacts thereby negating the "advantage" of being super-near-sighted. :-(
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 month ago#42
Off, it gives me a headache because it makes the framerate look really low.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#43
Usually on, but it really depends. Some games just have s***ty moblur that's better off than on, but others do it well and either have a dial to turn it down or base it on frame time(best way)
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Shinigami2784

Shinigami2784
1 month ago#44
The first thing I do in a new game is turn off Motion Blur and Depth of Field.
It's a trick, get an axe.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
1 month ago#45
I don't know. Sometimes I don't mind, sometimes it bothers me. So far I've been keeping both motion blur options turned on in A Hat in Time. I think I mostly mind when I'm required to see past what's right in front of me and all I see is a blur where an enemy should be when I turn but it turned out to be a bush.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: krazycharlie

krazycharlie
1 month ago#46
Rhyten posted...
IMO on in driving games, otherwise there is no sense of speed. Off in other games though.

Basically this. And even then, I think most racers don't need it, except when the car/bike/spaceship/whatever vehicle is using nitro, turbo boost or light/warp speed. Another point is that motion blur should be a hint of the speed the vehicle is traveling at. Just my personal take.
"U mad bro?".

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
1 month ago#47
Always on, just find it looks better. When it's off everything looks a bit sharp and pointy to me.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
1 month ago#48
Otimus posted...
I always leave on motion blur, chromatic aberration, film grain and depth of field. All the effects people hate, I like. Hate me!

Feh.
You don't even deserve my hatred.
VERY curious cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD0e5DUp28
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
1 month ago#49
Motion Blur is the only effect that doesn't really bother me if properly implemented, it's fine. I actually prefer it off the lower frame rates get, it just makes the framerate even more jarring, but if it's too strong I'll turn it off as well, like if it's noticable when you're not paying attention.

Depth of field just ruins your sight for no reason, the game doesn't know where I'm focusing on, my own eyes do that just fine. Aberration is the worst. I love Bloodborne a lot but it bothers me so much in that game.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#50
krazycharlie posted...
Rhyten posted...
IMO on in driving games, otherwise there is no sense of speed. Off in other games though.

Basically this. And even then, I think most racers don't need it, except when the car/bike/spaceship/whatever vehicle is using nitro, turbo boost or light/warp speed. Another point is that motion blur should be a hint of the speed the vehicle is traveling at. Just my personal take.

I go really fast irl. Your vision does not blur lol

Sense of speed comes from looking at the floor. Looking further away makes even 300km/h seems reasonable
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Motion Blur: On or Off?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived