This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Motion Blur: On or Off?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Motion Blur: On or Off?

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
1 month ago#51
Film Grain is one of the worst filters I've seen in a game though. I'm glad it isn't as common as it once was though.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 month ago#52
Not a fan.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#53
spike_spiegel posted...
Film Grain is one of the worst filters I've seen in a game though. I'm glad it isn't as common as it once was though.

Ya I hate it, it never looks good in anything, not even film itself.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
1 month ago#54
On it’s realistic when you turn your head you immediately relock your eyes to what you want to look at blurring everything on the way of course I’m not talking about slowly turning your head to take in your surroundings ,where in a game your eyes are locked forward for the entirety of the turn so it’s actually unnatural to see everything unblurred..... I’m talking single player of course you want every advantage in multiplayer games
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#55
MASKOAAA posted...
On it’s realistic when you turn your head you immediately relock your eyes to what you want to look at blurring everything on the way of course I’m not talking about slowly turning your head to take in your surroundings ,where in a game your eyes are locked forward for the entirety of the turn so it’s actually unnatural to see everything unblurred..... I’m talking single player of course you want every advantage in multiplayer games

Minus aim bots and such of course.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
1 month ago#56
By default I usually have it off, but there are some games that have motion blur that isn't that impact to performance or intrusive. I can't name any off the top of my head, but I guess it depends on the game. Usually have it off though.

Sometimes I have it on to help with screen tearing as it may not remove it like vsync, but it also doesn't increase the input lag and helps making excessive tearing from bothering me.

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#57
Yewolife posted...
By default I usually have it off, but there are some games that have motion blur that isn't that impact to performance or intrusive. I can't name any off the top of my head, but I guess it depends on the game. Usually have it off though.

Sometimes I have it on to help with screen tearing as it may not remove it like vsync, but it also doesn't increase the input lag and helps making excessive tearing from bothering me.

Obviously you don't have gsync, it is pricey, but having a high hz monitor will help. I was playing on my TV and with vsyn on if I set it to 58 fps, it actually decreases the input lag pretty well. Although its not quite as smooth then. Probably works better doing that on higher hz monitors.

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
1 month ago#58
captsplatter_1 posted...
Yewolife posted...

Obviously you don't have gsync, it is pricey, but having a high hz monitor will help. I was playing on my TV and with vsyn on if I set it to 58 fps, it actually decreases the input lag pretty well. Although its not quite as smooth then. Probably works better doing that on higher hz monitors.

Very true haha. My monitor actually has freesync, but I decided to go for a 1070 so that feature is pretty useless to me now. It worked okay over all (back when I had a 390), but not perfectly for screen tearing. Helped a lot with input lag though.

I was considering getting a Gsync monitor but for the price my 32" 4k IPS monitor was for I just went for size instead of functionality. Input lag is a noticeable 30ms, and I very much feel it making me worse in shooters, but I love the screen to much to change to something else.

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#59
Yewolife posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Yewolife posted...

Very true haha. My monitor actually has freesync, but I decided to go for a 1070 so that feature is pretty useless to me now. It worked okay over all (back when I had a 390), but not perfectly for screen tearing. Helped a lot with input lag though.

I was considering getting a Gsync monitor but for the price my 32" 4k IPS monitor was for I just went for size instead of functionality. Input lag is a noticeable 30ms, and I very much feel it making me worse in shooters, but I love the screen to much to change to something else.

Try using that apsync or whatever its called. Needs a display port cable. It should work pretty well as long as its a high hertz monitor. I find the input lag is managable with a gamepad not so much a KB/M with Vsync. Yes I absolutely can't stand screen tear at all.

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
1 month ago#60
Always off. It always looks better to me with it off.
You felt your sins weighing down on your neck.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Motion Blur: On or Off?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived