This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elex is great

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is great

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
4 weeks ago#41
Pelaaja82 posted...
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...
and the jetpack is pretty sweet for exploring the map

Not only that! Have you tried using it in combat? You can hover around when in aiming mode for ranged weapons and spells.

Pelaaja82 posted...
Folks have been saying the game is too hard, but seems to be pretty ok with normal difficulty.

Depends on what one expects. I've been one- or two-shot quite a lot of times.

Dont have any jetpack specific skills yet and have not used the jetpack in combat.

The best part is that you don't need any for hovering ranged combat!
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#42
I mean, tbqh, Metro 2033 wasn't a very good game. It was a unique game with a good atmosphere and high end visuals, but mechanically, it varied from competent to broken. It was more about experiencing the setting than playing a game.
7.0 is a pretty fair score to give it.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
4 weeks ago#43
Pelaaja82 posted...
Folks have been saying the game is too hard, but seems to be pretty ok with normal difficulty.

After Xardas pushed me down into the colony, I've met Diego. Decided to ignore him for now and walk around a bit. Saw an axe dude went like "hey whats up can I join your fraction" boom turned around one swing with the axe game over.
Then I remembered I am playing an actual video game not a walking simulator 3d chose your own adventure visual novel.

Love the voice actors

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
4 weeks ago#44
I have the first warrior dude as my companion and met with the cleric dude up top of the building, i am now just wandering the around the map and trying to find the teleporter, also found a cool fire sword during my travels.

I think i have to go back to the first village place and do some more quest to level up, but not intending to join the berserkers because of they absolute fear of technology. The game seems cool and all, but the controls really could do some work as i have some trouble making my dude run with the xbox 360 controller.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
4 weeks ago#45
JCoconut posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...

After Xardas pushed me down into the colony, I've met Diego. Decided to ignore him for now and walk around a bit. Saw an axe dude went like "hey whats up can I join your fraction" boom turned around one swing with the axe game over.
Then I remembered I am playing an actual video game not a walking simulator 3d chose your own adventure visual novel.

Love the voice actors

I attacked Mud.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#46
While this game is not for everyone...it is challenging to play most monsters will 1-3 shot you and the humans will 1 shot you with a slug hammer lol.

There are MANY better games out there the do this so much better in terms of gameplay and the mechanics so take this game lightly they are a German company and they are pretty small one at that.

Maybe so.e mods down the line can fix some of the mechanics in the game and make it more suitable for others that want a more solid play style, but it is what it is and it's like playing old school RPGs.

If you look at it that way it shot be a fun experience.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: NGd72

NGd72
4 weeks ago#47
mucloud posted...
While this game is not for everyone...it is challenging to play most monsters will 1-3 shot you and the humans will 1 shot you with a slug hammer lol.

There are MANY better games out there the do this so much better in terms of gameplay and the mechanics so take this game lightly they are a German company and they are pretty small one at that.

Maybe so.e mods down the line can fix some of the mechanics in the game and make it more suitable for others that want a more solid play style, but it is what it is and it's like playing old school RPGs.

If you look at it that way it shot be a fun experience.

You shouldn't have to look at a game anyway to pick out the mediocre things.

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
4 weeks ago#48
NGd72 posted...

For you they're mediocre, for me they're what makes the game unique and better than comparable games.
I'm so happy that this game neither dumbs everything down for millenials, nor makes it extra hard to be "the dark souls of xxxx". It's just harsh, a world for badasses and makes you feel like that (or like a loser for the first many hours).

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
4 weeks ago#49
JCoconut posted...
NGd72 posted...

For you they're mediocre, for me they're what makes the game unique and better than comparable games.
I'm so happy that this game neither dumbs everything down for millenials, nor makes it extra hard to be "the dark souls of xxxx". It's just harsh, a world for badasses and makes you feel like that (or like a loser for the first many hours).

Gotta admit, that's what I liked about Gothic. You're not The Chosen One of Monster Slaying #2436. You're a nobody, the game will remind you about that until you become somebody. And boy, will that be satisfying!
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#50
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Gotta admit, that's what I liked about Gothic. You're not The Chosen One of Monster Slaying #2436. You're a nobody, the game will remind you about that until you become somebody. And boy, will that be satisfying!

I love exploring dangerous worlds, but when a game's difficulty comes in large part from the combat engine being s***, that's a dubious perk.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is great

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived