This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elex is great

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is great

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
1 month ago#51
I've played Risen games before, still have PTSD.
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#52
When people say, "This game is like s*** Souls," I don't really know what they mean.

If it's because the game has clunky, horrible melee combat, I could live with it, and just use ranged combat exclusively. I hate melee combat in general.

If it's because the game constantly auto-saves and f***s you with overly punishing penalties for dying, then that's just a deal breaker.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
1 month ago#53
kobalobasileus posted...
When people say, "This game is like s*** Souls," I don't really know what they mean.

If it's because the game has clunky, horrible melee combat, I could live with it, and just use ranged combat exclusively. I hate melee combat in general.

If it's because the game constantly auto-saves and f***s you with overly punishing penalties for dying, then that's just a deal breaker.

Clunky melee... This is a couple tiers below dark souls tbh. It's incredibly simple. The game is definitely more an rpg than an action game as your stats and equipment mean a huge amount when it comes to your survivablility. You can quicksave and go anywhere you want right off the bat more or less.

Have 40 hours into the game already... Absolutely loving it but its incredibly dated. Only for those that want to play gothic 2 again with a new story/world to plow through.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#54
mucloud posted...
There are MANY better games out there the do this so much better in terms of gameplay

The thing is, there aren't that many better games. I can't think of a recent open world RPG that's even better than something like Risen, other than Witcher 3. Everything else is bland level scaled s***.

The difficulty is there to immerse the player into the world. You're just another deadbeat looking to survive. Admittedly, I have not played ELEX but I have played the Gothic games and Risen so when someone says a PB game has "s*** combat" I immediately question their ability to perceive what is good or bad combat.

All PB games have perfectly fine combat which people suck at and go on a rant because they got destroyed by a random ostrich. What are those supposedly better open world RPGs with better combat?
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
1 month ago#55
Tyranius2 posted...
All PB games have perfectly fine combat which people suck at and go on a rant because they got destroyed by a random ostrich. What are those supposedly better open world RPGs with better combat?

In Skyrim you can put one thingy in each hand and mash rmb lmb. People are used to it.
In other games you look at the enemy, an arrow appears above its head, and you press 1 to kill him with skill a or 2 to kill him with skill b.

Imo pb games combat is just different, not worse.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
1 month ago#56
Yep but you can become godly via stats alone which is awesome. Here's a short vid that I had to make because someone was doubting the efficacy of melee with high level characters... Plinking with ranged is boring. Keep in mind that I've played a lot to get here and even now because I haven't progressed the story I have no decent armor so getting hit hurts really bad.

https://youtu.be/fw4gTI1lwPk
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
1 month ago#57
If you're having a hard time with the combat, you can always level up, yeah. I used to love the epic duels with skeleton warriors in Gothic 2, where I'd have to parry perfectly for minutes. Couldn't take more than two hits, or it was over. Orc dodging was a lot of fun too. Later games started letting you heal in battle or gave you long-term companions, and that made things too easy.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
1 month ago#58
The game seems to be a slow burner, i have played about 10 hours and the game is starting to get much better, than in the beginning.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
1 month ago#59
Pelaaja82 posted...
The game seems to be a slow burner, i have played about 10 hours and the game is starting to get much better, than in the beginning.

Yep

User Info: Neo1661

Neo1661
1 month ago#60
JCoconut posted...
NGd72 posted...
JCoconut posted...
NGd72 posted...
So you're saying you LOVE it and haven't even played it?

You're a joke.

Oh no I must be the first person ever to get hyped by watching streamers playing a game

I don't feel bad the slightest though.

You said it's great...that's not hype, you are saying it is something without even knowing.

I think you didn't reach 2017 quite yet. Do you know what streams are? There are people out there who don't even play games anymore themselves because they already got the picture by watching.

However if it bothers you so much, don't worry, I'll just write the same sentence again once I finally finish my first 8 hours or something.

If I said the same about Zelda a few hours before release you wouldn't b**** at me like that.

Just because a game looks good doesn't mean it is. It doesn't mean you'll enjoy it. Are you 12?
https://goo.gl/vRAucu
http://i.imgur.com/51jBWDy.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is great

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived