This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC has officially won - Sony to publish PC games under new label

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC has officially won - Sony to publish PC games under new label

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#51
PC has not officially won. Stop thinking in terms of platform victories. Customers win. That's all that matters.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#52
To all the people hoping that this means gran turismo etc will be coming to PC it doesn't.

Sony publishing games on PC doesn't mean that PS4 exclusives like bloodborne and uncharted will be coming to PC. Those games will still only be on playstation consoles.

The deal is Sony will publish indie games on PC and switch under a new label. Sony Music Entertainment has launched a new publishing label called 'Unties'

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-is-publishing-nintendo-switch-and-pc-games-un/1100-6454129/

It doesn't mean (like i said) that uncharted 4 will be coming to PC or Bloodbourne.

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
1 month ago#53
If I did buy a PS4, I'd likely buy pretty much all the games used through gamestop as I usually do and Sony wouldn't see a cent of that, but I'd definitely let them see some money if I could get Uncharted on PC.
Explain why MSI needs our laptops on top of the wholesale cost they're already get from us in their GT72(s)/GT80(s) trade in program? MSI isn't to be trusted!

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#54
thegreatsquare posted...
If I did buy a PS4, I'd likely buy pretty much all the games used through gamestop as I usually do and Sony wouldn't see a cent of that, but I'd definitely let them see some money if I could get Uncharted on PC.

Sony would have already see the money when it was bought new and it's a shame that PC snobs are against consoles, they are missing out on some really good games all of which are only on PS4.

randomoaf
1 month ago#55
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if a PC snob buys a console and it's exclusives or not. Once it reaches emulator, they'll play it, then tell other people what a great franchise from that company is, and their friends/family/online group will go out and buy it. Once they confirm they like the game (which they most likely will) they'll become a fan. Consoles win no matter what.

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
1 month ago#56
randomoaf posted...
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if a PC snob buys a console and it's exclusives or not. Once it reaches emulator, they'll play it, then tell other people what a great franchise from that company is, and their friends/family/online group will go out and buy it. Once they confirm they like the game (which they most likely will) they'll become a fan. Consoles win no matter what.

lol how is that winning for consoles.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
1 month ago#57
Pengu1n posted...
thegreatsquare posted...

Sony would have already see the money when it was bought new and it's a shame that PC snobs are against consoles, they are missing out on some really good games all of which are only on PS4.

I'm not against consoles, I bought the last-gen consoles before moving to PC and still have a decent PS1/2 collection. PC already saturates my gaming time to the point that I won't get enough use out of a second system to justify the expense.
Explain why MSI needs our laptops on top of the wholesale cost they're already get from us in their GT72(s)/GT80(s) trade in program? MSI isn't to be trusted!

randomoaf
1 month ago#58
Ratchetrockon posted...
lol how is that winning for consoles.

How does Nintendo get by every generation? Every one of their consoles and platforms have been emulated and hacked/pirated. Even if you never purchased these games or platforms, it's the fact that you play them that helps ensure that other people are still inspired to buy into their platforms and franchises.

It's the piracy phenomenon I talk about in the denuvo threads lol

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
1 month ago#59
Pengu1n posted...
they are missing out on some really good games all of which are only on PS4.

imagine being this delusional
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC has officially won - Sony to publish PC games under new label

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived