This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#31
WalkingPlague posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
How is this sexual harassment?

It was done in bad taste, but harassment is dependent on the person its happening to. She probably didn't find it humourous as the other two did. She was targeted because of her physique.

Lastly, how do we know "Alice" was even a girl? Could've been a dude.

She was female, you hear her voice inside the video
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#32
Hahahahaha love it.
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

User Info: Hop103

Hop103
2 months ago#33
She should lighten up, VR isn't real.
"In the name of the future moon I shall punish you"-Chibi Moon

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
2 months ago#34
Neither funny nor offensive. Just stupid.

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
2 months ago#35
So this is a big deal because his in game character model that looks nothing like him in real life, is making a sexual joke about one of the other players character model thats a woman, who happens to be played by a woman that looks nothing like her character model...?

I fail to see the issue here. Even if she scanned her body into the game, and the character started pressing her nipples like they were buttons on the touch screen, thats not sexual harassment. Thats called just being funny (depending on your sense of humor), or called being a jackass (depending on your sense of maturity), and last but not least of all--especially least of all actually--or called being a sexual predator (depending on your overall grip on reality..heres a hint, no grip...no grip on reality whatsoever if you think this).

I literally cannot think of one single time, in the history of man-kind, that when some male player T-Bagged another male player, that it was compared on any similar level to when a male T-Bags another male in real life. It literally has just never happened. Because, y'know, video games are games, not real life, and you are not meant to have repercussions for your actions in video games (well, unless the game dev thinks something is becoming a problem, which then its removed, or the feedback system is introduced), no matter how vile, or inhumane the act of treachery may be. This is why the ESRB says the rating of the game is out the window as soon as you step onto the online battlefield, because there is no accounting for the language, or actions of an individual within any video game.

Edit: Forgot to say, i thought it was funny, but the guy is obviously an idiot for dicking around like that. But still funny.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
2 months ago#36
thanthen posted...
Renraku_San posted...

I hope she files a complaint and gets that guy banned or something.

snowflake triggered

Hahaha, yeah, i know. So stupid lmao.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

User Info: Dasoku

Dasoku
2 months ago#37
gundamaniacx20a posted...
Digital Storm posted...
So if it's appalling that a female gamer was harassed, what do you feel when a male gamer is harassed?

Came here to say this.

Harassed or sexually harassed? If just harassed, that's not the issue here... If sexually harassed, it's both equally a problem. But let's be honest, do male gamers face constant sexual harassment in the gaming community? Do you guys even think that it's likely that they would?

Edit: I actually think the video is funny, but on the topic of sexual harassment, sexual harassment =\= harassment.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#38
Sexual harassment in video games is a non-issue. You can mute people in most multiplayer games.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life
(message deleted)

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#40
Dasoku posted...
gundamaniacx20a posted...
Digital Storm posted...
So if it's appalling that a female gamer was harassed, what do you feel when a male gamer is harassed?

Came here to say this.

Harassed or sexually harassed? If just harassed, that's not the issue here... If sexually harassed, it's both equally a problem. But let's be honest, do male gamers face constant sexual harassment in the gaming community? Do you guys even think that it's likely that they would?

Edit: I actually think the video is funny, but on the topic of sexual harassment, sexual harassment =\= harassment.

Yes actually. Jump into some CSGO casual, and people will start talking about how they want to XXX and this and that to you.
And, most people respond in jest, as is the only appropriate way to respond to such a thing.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived