This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
1 month ago#51
According to "TV", women are exactly the same as men, and there's no differences.

Oh . . . unless something like this happens, then, all of a sudden, there's differences.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Sage JJ

Sage JJ
1 month ago#52
Heisenberg312 posted...
Sage JJ posted...
Topic title is very misleading as no woman was actually harassed. He may have been immature but he didnt have any type of contact with the woman what so ever. Cant harass someone if you dont have any type of contact with them.

Umm.. no
Cyber bullying is a thing now.
You can actually have charges pressed on you that include prison time/fines.
At the very least, you will be banned for such behavior.
Even here at gamefaq, you will, at the very least, be banned for sexually harassing a female by making unwanted advances.

Cyber bullying requires you to have interaction with the person you are bullying. On gamefaqs you need to have some type of interaction with the person. This guy had no type of interaction with the female what so ever. You may not like what he did, personally I found it hilarious, but he had absolutely no contact with the person.

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
1 month ago#53
arleas posted...
sylverlolol posted...
I watched a minute of some guy telling someone to scan something and then laughing about it. I don't get it.

What am I missing here?

He points to the woman sitting next to him and then grabs his own chest as if he had boobs. It's not that funny unless you're 12 and have never seen an actual breast.

I'm good with this joke going over my head.

It's not really sexual harrassment as there's no way of knowing their gender (unless the game works in a way I am not aware of), otherwise teabagging is too. It's just moronic, schoolkid humour.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#54
Spaced92 posted...
It's not really sexual harrassment

It reminds me of the time some woman claimed she got groped in VR because a guy in a game came up to her and grabbed at her...except he was probably hundreds of miles away.

https://medium.com/athena-talks/my-first-virtual-reality-sexual-assault-2330410b62ee

It sounds ridiculous, but when you're new to VR that invasion of personal space feels pretty real. I remember playing a demo with Protools (some lame zombie game) and when his avatar appeared next to me I remember backing up because I was like "Whoa, too close". Also weird was the feeling that the floor was moving underneath us as the game pushed us through the level.

Anyway, teabagging is stupid, but I bet it'd be kinda scary in VR. (😭)
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Dasoku

Dasoku
1 month ago#55
tzuyd posted...
For those too lazy to watch:

Nothing sexual happens
No harassment happens
Everyone is laughing

Dasoku posted...
Harassed or sexually harassed?

Irrelevant. Sexual harassment is not the only negative form of harassment.

No, it's relavant because video game culture is notorious for sexual harassment. Harassment is something people go through, but sexual harassment is mostly a women's problem. And if you have to deal with harassment sexually nearly every time you use a mic or play with other people, then that is a seperate issue by itself; which I assure you, most women do.

If someone starts using the "N" word over the mic, I wouldn't just shrug that off as that person is just being a dick. That person is not only being a dick, but is representative of a toxic culture that is prevalent in gaming.

If people are more likely to harass you because of a certain trait you have, then yes, it's completely relevant.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
1 month ago#56
arleas posted...
sylverlolol posted...
I watched a minute of some guy telling someone to scan something and then laughing about it. I don't get it.

What am I missing here?

He points to the woman sitting next to him and then grabs his own chest as if he had boobs. It's not that funny unless you're 12 and have never seen an actual breast.

What's funny about it is the VR animations. I laughed when I saw him doing it. It was pretty funny.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: MaxCaulfield

MaxCaulfield
1 month ago#57
Damn, everytime I see that kind of people in a game I'm playing, I want to tell them something like "That's great but could you please stop showing off and play ?" They are so irritating, do they need attention or what ?

Seriously, who cares about that person is a boy, a girl or even a trans, can't that said person just play normally like everybody else ?

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
1 month ago#58
Born Lucky posted...
According to "TV", women are exactly the same as men, and there's no differences.

Oh . . . unless something like this happens, then, all of a sudden, there's differences.
Listen to post-punk.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#59
Showed fiance, fiance laughed.

Showed friends (some female), they laughed.

Not sexual harassment.

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
1 month ago#60
Dasoku posted...
That person is not only being a dick, but is representative of a toxic culture that is prevalent in gaming.

This post is representative of a generation that has paper thin skin and actively seeks to be offended by everything.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived