This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 months ago#61
DaedalusEx posted...
Dasoku posted...
That person is not only being a dick, but is representative of a toxic culture that is prevalent in gaming.

This post is representative of a generation that has paper thin skin and actively seeks to be offended by everything.

DING DING DING BINGO!

When I was in grade 9, this girl asked me if I was fat. I told her yes, because she was actually fat.

3 years later she messages me on MSN saying "do you rmb me? I blocked you because you called me fat"

I didn't even know I was blocked. She did, however, become really f***ing hot lol

In grade 11, one of my ex's broke up with me and told me I was fat and failing at life. I hold her honesty and bluntness close to my heart because it motivated me to unflunk myself; I'm successful today because she was honest and forced me to reflect on myself.

Fast forward to today: if I'm actually honest about the things that people ask, even with something like "How are you?", I'm 99% going to offend somebody irl. Society is f***ing stupid. Everyone puts on a mask because they're afraid to offend anyone.

EDIT: The running gag in gaming is that there are no women, even MMORPG has been translated to Many Men Online Role Playing Girls. This video is f***ing hilarious and anyone who is offended by it deserves to be actually harassed to get an idea of what harassment truly is.

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
3 months ago#62
Lienhart posted...
Showed fiance, fiance laughed.

Showed friends (some female), they laughed.

Not sexual harassment.

Showed my wife and she slapped my phone right out of my hands, now I'm in the doghouse and reflecting on my actions while reading Leviticus.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: Dasoku

Dasoku
3 months ago#63
@DaedalusEx posted...
Dasoku posted...
That person is not only being a dick, but is representative of a toxic culture that is prevalent in gaming.

This post is representative of a generation that has paper thin skin and actively seeks to be offended by everything.

And why is that? Deconstruct what I'm saying here, just so I can make sure you understand exactly what I'm saying.

I think you might have read my post too quickly, didn't really read it all, or maybe misquoted? When you're offended by the mere claim of something being toxic, and saying that person is actively seeking to be offended without providing a counter argument, it's a bit ironic to say the least.

People are more complex than that, surprisingly. It's a bit harder to see that when you have predetermined views on what you think is the other side of the argument.

Lienhart
3 months ago#64
Dasoku posted...
@DaedalusEx posted...
Dasoku posted...

And why is that? Deconstruct what I'm saying here, just so I can make sure you understand exactly what I'm saying.

I think you might have read my post too quickly, didn't really read it all, or maybe misquoted? When you're offended by the mere claim of something being toxic, and saying that person is actively seeking to be offended without providing a counter argument, it's a bit ironic to say the least.

People are more complex than that, surprisingly. It's a bit harder to see that when you have predetermined views on what you think is the other side of the argument.

There is a very easy way to determine if someone is actually being a dick, context and intention.

If the person is not trying to offend you or poke at you, don't get butthurt.

If the person is, put them into the ground.

There, life is easy.

Dasoku
3 months ago#65
Lienhart posted...
Dasoku posted...
@DaedalusEx posted...
Dasoku posted...

There is a very easy way to determine if someone is actually being a dick, context and intention.

If the person is not trying to offend you or poke at you, don't get butthurt.

If the person is, put them into the ground.

There, life is easy.

Huh? You do know I'm not talking about the video?

I'm talking about the difference between harassment and harassment based on characteristics or views of a particular group of people, since someone asked.
This is what happens when people take a quote from someone out of context.

Lienhart
3 months ago#66
@Dasoku

It applies, especially to the N word comment.

I've got black friends. They call each other N all the time. So I do it too, they don't care They're also notorious for calling everyone a N actually.

The problem is that people can't seem to differentiate between "Sup my n*****" and "you piece of s*** n*****". One of those will get you bodied, the other will not.

GameFaqs is actually great example of this. Can't use n***** without risk of getting banned.

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
3 months ago#67
Lienhart posted...

The problem is that people can't seem to differentiate between "Sup my n*****" and "you piece of s*** n*****". One of those will get you bodied, the other will not.

lol every post you make gets progressively more stupid. Go ahead and go to south central LA and start saying "sup my n****" and see what happens.
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
3 months ago#68
Dasoku posted...

You think mean words on the internet are a societal ill.

When you're offended by the mere claim of something being toxic, and saying that person is actively seeking to be offended without providing a counter argument, it's a bit ironic to say the least.

Projecting your sensibilities onto me? That's cute.

Dasoku
3 months ago#69
Lienhart posted...

I've got black friends. They call each other N all the time. So I do it too, they don't care They're also notorious for calling everyone a N actually.

GameFaqs is actually great example of this. Can't use n***** without risk of getting banned.

That's pretty much just anecdotal, though.

If I call my close friends dumbasses endearingly, that's not going to change the fact that it's widely understood as an insult. If I call my new friends dumbasses, they're probably gonna be a bit offended.

GameFAQs blocking the use of racial slurs and insults stops this site from becoming another 4chan. You do realize many people here would use that word as an insult if they were allowed to, right?

While GameFAQs may block some things and limit some opinions a bit too much, blocking the use of racial slurs towards individuals stops it (or attempts to) from being a place that isolates individuals based on a certain background. People get into arguments here over the dumbest s***, adding insults, let alone racial insults, to the matter would make it a place of complete and utter f***ery. The people on this site already want to 'discuss' politics more than they do gaming.

"Discuss" meaning they want to tell you how much they think the other side is stupid.

Lienhart
3 months ago#70
Dasoku posted...
Lienhart posted...

That's pretty much just anecdotal, though.

If I call my close friends dumbasses endearingly, that's not going to change the fact that it's widely understood as an insult. If I call my new friends dumbasses, they're probably gonna be a bit offended.

GameFAQs blocking the use of racial slurs and insults stops this site from becoming another 4chan. You do realize many people here would use that word as an insult if they were allowed to, right?

While GameFAQs may block some things and limit some opinions a bit too much, blocking the use of racial slurs towards individuals stops it (or attempts to) from being a place that isolates individuals based on a certain background. People get into arguments here over the dumbest s***, adding insults, let alone racial insults, to the matter would make it a place of complete and utter f***ery. The people on this site already want to 'discuss' politics more than they do gaming.

"Discuss" meaning they want to tell you how much they think the other side is stupid.

The only place where I actually keep a facade on is at work.

If it's outside work, I've been told I offend people really easy due to my lack of filtering. At the same time, I've been told it is refreshing due to how fake everyone is.

And that's what's wrong with the world: we're told to be ourselves as children, then we grow up and realize being ourselves means we offend everyone and we start putting on masks. f*** that, if I just met you and you're drinking 10 pints because you broke up with your ex, I'm calling you a dumbass and possibly buying you a drink. If I offend you, we wouldn't be good friends anyway.

Not sure if you'll get my POV from the above...I definitely get yours, and I f***ing hate it because that's the world's state.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived