This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
1 month ago#71
Lienhart posted...
rmb me?

good god
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
1 month ago#72
Lienhart posted...
And that's what's wrong with the world: we're told to be ourselves as children,

No you're not. You're told to follow rules, listen to your parents, and maybe express yourself creatively, not to be rude or unfiltered.
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#73
Given the complete lack of context due to how short the video clip is I don't see how any rational person could see "sexual harassment" in it. For all any rational viewer knows, "Alice" said something absolutely hillarious just two minutes before the clip we see started, and the laughing in the clip is more of an aftershock effect where the "main" person is being reminded of and still laughing at the original, unseen event.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#74
Hagan posted...
What's funny about it is the VR animations.

I get that it was supposed to be funny. I understand WHY it was supposed to be funny. I just didn't find it funny, and not in the "I am so offended I'm putting this on my tumblr!" way... More of the "I'm way over the age of 12 and this sort of humor doesn't impress me" way.

Same goes for booger and fart jokes.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Dasoku

Dasoku
1 month ago#75
Lienhart posted...
Dasoku posted...
Lienhart posted...
It applies, especially to the N word comment.

I've got black friends. They call each other N all the time. So I do it too, they don't care They're also notorious for calling everyone a N actually.

The problem is that people can't seem to differentiate between "Sup my n*****" and "you piece of s*** n*****". One of those will get you bodied, the other will not.

GameFaqs is actually great example of this. Can't use n***** without risk of getting banned.

That's pretty much just anecdotal, though.

If I call my close friends dumbasses endearingly, that's not going to change the fact that it's widely understood as an insult. If I call my new friends dumbasses, they're probably gonna be a bit offended.

GameFAQs blocking the use of racial slurs and insults stops this site from becoming another 4chan. You do realize many people here would use that word as an insult if they were allowed to, right?

While GameFAQs may block some things and limit some opinions a bit too much, blocking the use of racial slurs towards individuals stops it (or attempts to) from being a place that isolates individuals based on a certain background. People get into arguments here over the dumbest s***, adding insults, let alone racial insults, to the matter would make it a place of complete and utter f***ery. The people on this site already want to 'discuss' politics more than they do gaming.

"Discuss" meaning they want to tell you how much they think the other side is stupid.

The only place where I actually keep a facade on is at work.

If it's outside work, I've been told I offend people really easy due to my lack of filtering. At the same time, I've been told it is refreshing due to how fake everyone is.

And that's what's wrong with the world: we're told to be ourselves as children, then we grow up and realize being ourselves means we offend everyone and we start putting on masks. f*** that, if I just met you and you're drinking 10 pints because you broke up with your ex, I'm calling you a dumbass and possibly buying you a drink. If I offend you, we wouldn't be good friends anyway.

Not sure if you'll get my POV from the above...I definitely get yours, and I f***ing hate it because that's the world's state.

No, I completely understand. I was about to mention that I probably wouldn't be friends with someone who wouldn't let me call them a dumbass, anyway. lol

But nonetheless, I don't really have an answer for that. I think our society is getting more polarized in the way people think, and it's just the way it is right now, like you said. It almost feels as if people can't agree on a solution and/or come to one that's in-between.

At the end of the day, you have to weigh which one you think is more important:

Do you want to be able to say anything you want without people being offended by stupid s***, but also enable people who want to offend people to offend people? A.k.a, "everyone just thicken up."

Or would you rather stop people from saying anything seemingly offensive altogether? A.k.a 'snowflake'.

I think everyone comes to different answers and takes a different stance based on personal experience, and I think there are good arguments for both. I think a bigger problem is that people don't want to talk about it, because you see a lot of the times they'll just say "you're wrong" and leave it at that.

User Info: Dasoku

Dasoku
1 month ago#76
@DaedalusEx posted...
You think mean words on the internet are a societal ill.

Hmm, I don't think that faithfully represents my argument.

I think slurs specifically meant to offend specific groups of people is something that we find prevalent in anything that has anonymity, and can extend to the views that we have of these people in society. Which is why they're different than normal "mean words" that are said without any prejudice towards the individual's background. Do you disagree? And if you do, why?

DaedalusEx posted...
Projecting your sensibilities onto me? That's cute.

Well, no. Did you not get offended because I acknowledged that something being specifically racist and sexist is toxic? And did you provide some sort of reasoning? No, I don't think you did. But I believe did for my argument... Huh.. So yeah, it's a bit ironic, isn't it?

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 month ago#77
I wish I'd get sexually harassed in VR

I never get any action : (
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#78
LaManoNeraII posted...

Try going to VRchat and make sure to use a cute anime girl avatar...
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
1 month ago#79
arleas posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

Truth
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
1 month ago#80
arleas posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

That's my fetish.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Appalling: Female gamer gets sexually harassed in VR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived