This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA killing off Visceral Games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA killing off Visceral Games

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#21
All for the best I guess. After Dead Space 3, I doubt Visceral would have been able to make a game as good as Dead Space 1 and 2. Not that they couldn't, EA just wouldn't let them.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
1 month ago#22
DS3 was mind numbing stuff

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#23
I hope the devs go off, form their own company and create a Hellblade. An indie game with the look of a "triple A" game but without a publisher.

If they go out and make a spiritual successor to Dead Space I'd be very happy.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 month ago#24
Marikhen posted...
I wonder if anyone will be surprised over this given EA's, "We're gonna make Dead Space 3 into something that the Dead Space fans don't really want and close you when it fails to sell 30M copies" stance when Dead Space 3 launched.

Dude, this is the same publisher that cancelled a promising FPS called "Tiberium" because it "didnt meet their standards" while releasing a game, which does not deserve the C&C name, that had an obviously terrible design to be begin with, that "met their standards"
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#25
EA was pissed that they lost the crown for worst game company to Konami that they really want it back. Well they might just get it back.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: PyrusCreed

PyrusCreed
1 month ago#26
captsplatter_1 posted...
EA was pissed that they lost the crown for worst game company to Konami that they really want it back. Well they might just get it back.

Only if they can beat WB games.
Story in a Godzilla movie is like the State of the Union speech; it's expected to be there but it's not that important.

User Info: VaultDweller21

VaultDweller21
1 month ago#27
Kinda sad seeing western game studios dying and japanese game studios turning into a******s.
"War, war never changes; until Bethesda came"

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
1 month ago#28
4 years on that Star Wars game and no real news on it, not really a surprise. It's one thing to make the game you want, if this much time gets spent on it you need to make a return on that investment, that's reality.

Chaos_Missile posted...
Marikhen posted...
I wonder if anyone will be surprised over this given EA's, "We're gonna make Dead Space 3 into something that the Dead Space fans don't really want and close you when it fails to sell 30M copies" stance when Dead Space 3 launched.

Dude, this is the same publisher that cancelled a promising FPS called "Tiberium" because it "didnt meet their standards" while releasing a game, which does not deserve the C&C name, that had an obviously terrible design to be begin with, that "met their standards"

There was nothing really promising about Tiberium. I was a massive C&C fan.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: playboydojo

playboydojo
1 month ago#29
And yet they refuse to put Zombie BioWare out of my misery.
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"

User Info: Deathstroke33

Deathstroke33
1 month ago#30
I'm not an EA defender at all, but why should a company continue to support a studio that has really put out garbage over the last 20 years?

People allow their hatred of EA blind them to what really amounts to just a good business decision.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA killing off Visceral Games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived