This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vermintide 2 reveal looks great

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Vermintide 2 reveal looks great

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
1 month ago#1
1) CHAOS WARRIORS HELL YES
2) 'careers' for your characters that are essentially 'specs' or talent sets. more rpg-style customization is always nice
3) shirtless dwarf anti-outfit while slaughtering hordes of skaven and chaos warriors
4) 3x enemy types/specials
5) actual consistent amounts of bosses apparently
6) shirtless dwarf anti-outfit

anyone else who loved the first game (or didn't because of lack of enemy variety/depth/whatever) or even left 4 dead should definitely have this game on their radar. looks pretty great from what little they've revealed. comes out Q1 2018 and is only $27. just got its steam store page updated as well.
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#2
what kind of loot boxes does it have?
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#3
The gameplay just was never that tight to me. Actually have the same problem with L4D. Everything sorta feels loosey-goosey if that makes any sense. No weight to your characters, your melee swings, your guns in L4D. When you swing a 2-handed hammer at a horde, you kinda just see a stick slide across enemy hitboxes.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#4
I liked the first as a L4D clone, but maybe this time around Vermintide will be able to gain its own identity.

sonicteam2k1 posted...
what kind of loot boxes does it have?

None yet announced, so surely it's doomed to fail.

yohabroha posted...
The gameplay just was never that tight to me. Actually have the same problem with L4D. Everything sorta feels loosey-goosey if that makes any sense. No weight to your characters, your melee swings, your guns in L4D. When you swing a 2-handed hammer at a horde, you kinda just see a stick slide across enemy hitboxes.

While I wholeheartedly agree on the controls not being tight, not completely sure what you mean on attacks with no weight to them in the first Vermintide. Doing over-head hits with a 2-handed hammer causes a bounce and recoil when hitting something, winding up a heavy attack will send skaven flying or knocked back, and axes/swords will get "stuck" for a quarter of a second after doing a light attack.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
1 month ago#5
Only interested if it has loot boxes.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#6
I wish they had new characters but it's cool they're doing different classes at least.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
1 month ago#7
Fatshark_HedgeCommunity Manager:
We will NOT be selling loot boxes, or selling keys to unlock loot boxes. Loot comes from gameplay, not your wallet.
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#8
WTH is people's obsession over damn loot boxes?!? They like to pay real money to gamble virtual items? Holy f***.... I swear loot boxes are one of the worst micro transactions to come out.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
1 month ago#9
Fade2black001 posted...
WTH is people's obsession over damn loot boxes?!? They like to pay real money to gamble virtual items? Holy f***.... I swear loot boxes are one of the worst micro transactions to come out.

Surely you can tell that people are saying this in jest, what with all the topics about loot boxes here lately?
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#10
it_r_over9000 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Surely you can tell that people are saying this in jest, what with all the topics about loot boxes here lately?

hmmmm, fair point
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Vermintide 2 reveal looks great

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived