This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Activision Granted Microtransaction Matchmaking Patent

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Activision Granted Microtransaction Matchmaking Patent

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
2 months ago#31
In every game I've tried online matchmaking has been complete and utter garbage. I don't see how this changes that.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Sage JJ

Sage JJ
2 months ago#32
ClunkerSlim posted...
How the f*** is matchmaking based on microtransactions not evil as f***?

Im not arguing that its not a horrible practice but how is anything video game related evil?

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#33
Terantatek posted...
Puts me on the winning side then.

Unless you're on the board at Activision you ain't on the winning side kid.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 months ago#34
Jason_Hudson posted...
So will people actually stand against this s*** or does it need to get worse? This is f***ing awful, but when you have people like Kotick in Activision, it's not unexpected.

to make a stand on this it takes people caring about it and while we here care, 99% of the game playing market do not give 2 s***s about any of this.

Nothing is going to change for a long long long time

EDIT - i was thinking about either getting into Destiny 2 when it comes out on PC or getting back into WoW. Now i kinda don't want to do either. It's going to get to a point soon where i only want to play Indie games.
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
2 months ago#35
Sage JJ posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
How the f*** is matchmaking based on microtransactions not evil as f***?

Im not arguing that its not a horrible practice but how is anything video game related evil?

Some people have very narrow world views.

I'm not saying that he wasn't just being hyperbolic, but there are people who are lucky enough to be able to ascribe words like evil and tragedy to things that wouldn't even register on other people's scales.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Skyrazer

Skyrazer
2 months ago#36
Black_Assassin posted...
In every game I've tried online matchmaking has been complete and utter garbage. I don't see how this changes that.

Regardless of matchmaking horror stories we've all had, the main aim of matchmaking, the very principle of it is to achieve the fairest, most balanced match as possible. This whole thing is doing the opposite as the "matchmaker" will deliberately compile imbalanced matches to get paying players to have an advantage over others in their matches.

You can't call that "matchmaking" anymore as it's doing the complete opposite of what matchmaking is.
Life - A sexually transmitted disease that always results in death.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
2 months ago#37
Skyrazer posted...
deliberately compile imbalanced matches

That's pretty much been my experience so far in practice, without any microtransactions.

https://imgur.com/a/3lUsO
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
2 months ago#38
Well, that's a great use of their astronomical and presumably untaxed revenue. Does this mean that only Activision will be able to use this sleazy practice if they've gone out of their way to patent it?
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
2 months ago#39
but but but if everyone buys the P2W weapon they won't have any lowbie/newb scum to match against and pwn. Did I just break the system?
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#40
Activision and Sledgehammer released a statement stating that they are not implementing this and it was an "exploratory" patent. I don't believe any of that bulls***. You know they're going to use this.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Activision Granted Microtransaction Matchmaking Patent

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived