This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how has Steam been doing the last couple of years?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So how has Steam been doing the last couple of years?

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
1 month ago#11
Sales have generally become worse.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
1 month ago#12
Back when the "big" sales , had flash sales, and daily events, the big sales were worth waiting for . .. but not anymore.

Now - The weekly deals they have all through the year, are just as good and sometimes better than the Summer sale and Christmas sale.

In fact , last week some games were on sale for 85% off , that were only 75% off during the Christmas sale.

Best thing to do , is just put games you want on your wishlist , and then check your wishlist or email. When they hit 75% (or lower) , get it, cause it's probably never gonna be lower than that during a major sale.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#13
Born Lucky posted...
Now - The weekly deals they have all through the year, are just as good and sometimes better than the Summer sale and Christmas sale.

Yeah, it's because developers/publishers don't want to put their games at such low prices for long spans of time like a holiday sale compared to short weekend deals. Totally out of Valve's hands though.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: HANGtheDJ_86

HANGtheDJ_86
1 month ago#14
Awesome. So many free games.

I'm filling up my library slowly but surely.

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
1 month ago#15
It's great. Only real issue that crops up sometimes is having just loads of bloatware on their service. That said, they finally did something about it and kicked a couple of devs off of Steam, so I mean good for them, I guess :)
The base of a lighthouse is ever dark.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#16
anonymous46773 posted...
It's great. Only real issue that crops up sometimes is having just loads of bloatware on their service. That said, they finally did something about it and kicked a couple of devs off of Steam, so I mean good for them, I guess :)

Heh, to be fair it was only one """developer team""" who had a few alias names and released 173 products that were virtually identical. That's some pretty hard pushing you have to do in order to get Valve to actually do anything resembling taking action. I'm sure Valve was otherwise happy to see how many times one team would pay the Steam Direct fee.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So how has Steam been doing the last couple of years?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived