This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is the most toxic player base for a PC game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. what is the most toxic player base for a PC game?

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
1 month ago#21
Probably league of legends.
i7 7700k | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | 16GB EVGA DDR4 | GTX 760 2 GB | 1 TB HDD | W10 x64 | 750W Thermaltake Toughpower | 1600x900

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#22
Has to be LoL. Maybe DoTA2

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#23
APB was the most toxic game I've ever played. It's a (now) F2P cops & robbers pvp game revolving around doing pvp missions in a public map. But the playerbase was absolute ass. From OCA Nano elitists, to ghosters (interfering someone's mission while not participating in it), to people using voice chat for insulting enemy teams/their own teammates, to Barrens-esque district chat, to the game's limitless aesthetic customization being a platform for casual racism and abrasive memes, to people who make death themes (5 second tunes that play when you get killed by someone) which intentionally glitch out and persist until you restart the game, to trolls who wedge your car in order to destroy it when they otherwise can't, to a plethora of other generally unlikable behavior. And a company who owns it all just not really caring.

I never played a lot of online shooters or MOBA's, but I imagine a lot of issues in those games could be solved just by muting/ignoring everyone around you. In APB, that was never enough.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: lmAtWork

lmAtWork
1 month ago#24
League and Dota, Overwatch can be pretty bad too.

kobalobasileus posted...
Souls is always the answer.

You people need to git gud . . .or just get thicker skin, people aren't very toxic in Souls communities. It's just part of the joke where you imply others are bad at the game. People are usually pretty friendly, and there's even entire series wide "un-official" honour rules.

I can't think of another series where people across many languages and cultures have formed similar rules while almost exclusively having to use body language to communicate. You'll run into griefers or people who just invade and try to kill you, but that's part of the game. That's more of a "Don't hate the player, hate the game" scenario where you just shouldn't be playing Dark Souls if you aren't prepared for spontaneous PvP bouts, it's a core mechanic of the series and what makes the games so fun

Most people are super friendly and will give you pretty much any item in the game if you ask, and will help you beat bosses or make your build more efficient etc. I think the community gets a bad rep from casuls who go online to talk about not being able to beat X and instead of asking for tips, they just say the game is bad and get told to Git Gud
http://i.imgur.com/z2gkfeq.jpg
(message deleted)

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#26
pothocket posted...
lmAtWork posted...
You people need to git gud . . .or just get thicker skin, people aren't very toxic in Souls communities.

You might've had a point if you didn't casually throw out two insults in the same sentence stating the community isn't toxic.

Telling someone to git gud isn't an insult.

It's the same as telling someone to "get faster" or "get stronger" in any sport. If you think it is an insult, it means you think YOU SUCK and you should probably go fix that. If someone tells me to git gud I just laugh at the idea because I'm already confident in my abilities.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#27
Lienhart posted...
Telling someone to git gud isn't an insult.

Of course it is. I deleted my reply though because when I first read that comment I took it at face value but reread it as the joke it was meant to be
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: DragonGirlYuki

DragonGirlYuki
1 month ago#28
Dota2.
~Yuki~
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. what is the most toxic player base for a PC game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived