This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So done with Activision and EA

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So done with Activision and EA

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
1 month ago#11
Requiem posted...
You know, I can't really blame EA for shutting down the studio responsible for Dead Space 3 and BF Hardline.

Activision, on the otherhand.... yeah, they can go to hell.

Yeah you could say they forced them to go in a meh direction, but ultimately most of their games just weren't that good + their SW game was in development hell.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
1 month ago#12
bubbub01 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
The only Activision game I've bought this year is Crash N'sane Trilogy on PS4 and only EA is Mass Effect Andromeda on PC. They don't even publish good games anymore, so it's easy to stop supporting them.

They're honestly just catering to the most casual of audiences. That's fine, it's a good business tactic. I don't understand why they are getting rid of the games for their core gamer audiences. There's only so much room in the market to appeal to casual gamers. You can make a profit by making games that actual gamers enjoy too.

Look at battleborn. That game failed hard because it tried to go into an already over-saturated market.

Look at Nier-Automata, that game went far above the expectations of Square and made money. There's definitely money to be made on core gamers. Not as much, but there's definitely money. There's only so much room in the casual market.

There's Zero passion left in a company like Activision or EA, it's purely in the industry for profit and not the passion of the medium they're creating.
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
1 month ago#13
Requiem posted...
You know, I can't really blame EA for shutting down the studio responsible for Dead Space 3 and BF Hardline.

EA was responsible for DS3 and Hardline. Visceral had no choice but to make their games the way the suits wanted.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
1 month ago#14
Hi C posted...
Requiem posted...

EA was responsible for DS3 and Hardline. Visceral had no choice but to make their games the way the suits wanted.

You'd think so. When you make two great games, you don't all of a sudden get worse at making them.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
1 month ago#15
Hi C posted...
Requiem posted...

I don’t know about that. It’s the same excuse people use to defend Bungie and time after time we find out that a lot of the crappy decisions come from Bungie itself, not Activision. Most of the time these developers are thrilled to go along with whatever scummy crap the publisher throws out.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
1 month ago#16
I've been done with EA since they ruined Mass Effect 3.
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax

User Info: AC_Dragonfire

AC_Dragonfire
1 month ago#17
bubbub01 posted...
I'll still play Ubisoft games because they haven't screwed up completely yet. Will definitely pick up South Park some time soon. They will probably follow suite though.

Might wanna check out the reviews before ya get it legally.
"Day one DLC
Uplay account is mandatory
Nonsensical and paranoid 3rd party DRM
Microtransactions (Via Upselling you Ubisoft games and forcing you to use their mediocre service)
More than enough game breaking bugs at launch
Stuttering and audio glitches!
Story quests locked behind a paywall, shame on you if you didn't buy Season Pass
Did I mention upselling you Ubisoft game and Uplay?
Season pass"

User Info: Shub

Shub
1 month ago#18
People say that every time. And the next year they're back to buying games from those companies because something comes out that they just can't resist.
-What is best in life?
-Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#19
I think the ppl who say they will never buy x game are the first to buy that game when it comes out. I don't really buy games from either companies because they make games that don't interest me. I don't hate them at all. I only like the Sims and SimCity franchises from EA so I'll buy games from those, but I don't get anything else.

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
1 month ago#20
Tyranius2 posted...
boochy posted...
That's cool. When I woke up this morning I was wondering what "bubbub01" was doing with Activision and EA. Thanks for letting us know.

Chuckled.

Anyway, when I hear someone say "not buying from these companies for a while" it almost always translates to "they don't have products I want right now so I'm boycotting them until they do haha!!" which completely defeats the purpose. You may as well not even boycott then.

If you don't have the balls to skip a game or two you may have been interested in, then all you're doing is spouting empty words.

I hear you on this, and frankly around here, when i hear someone say they're done with company X, Y, or Z...im always like--yeah, right, until they release the next yearly iteration of whatever s*** you buy year after year.

I can say with complete honesty, that after playing Modern Warfare 3 at my friends house and seeing it was more of the same, i was so tired of the approach with the series lack of progress, that i said i would slow down or stop completely from buying any call of duty game anymore.

Then the next gen consoles came out, i built a PC, and CoD stayed the same...gave Advanced Warfare a fair try, and thought it sucked mostly, and still have not bought a Call of Duty game besides AW, since Modern Warfare 2.

In all honesty, i had a little fun with Black Ops 3 beta, but after carefully thinking it through, what i realized, was that the game was not actually good, i just hadnt played a call of duty game in a while, so i knew a purchase would be a mistake. By the time the Beta had concluded, i completely realized i wasnt missing ANYTHING....still, years later.

EA on the other hand is much harder to deal with. They have many games, and own many studios that make decent games. But, i havent bought an EA game since Battlefield 4, and probably wont still, until something groundbreaking comes out--like maybe Crysis 4 (with a whole brand new set of bells and whistles that even 4 years from now top tier rigs will still have trouble with).

Tried out a month of the Origin Access s***, and downloaded a ton of games, played them, and still have a few left to f*** around with, but even at that, im not sure paying the $5 a month is really worth it continually. Eventually you reach a point where you are satisfied with the library they offer, and theres no need to continue paying because you're barely playing any of those games anymore.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So done with Activision and EA

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived