This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

20 years later do you think a $300 laptop will have the performance of...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 20 years later do you think a $300 laptop will have the performance of...

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 month ago#11
In twenty years, we most likely will be at pseudo quantum computing levels, so yeah but I would imagine in a different form. Tech was growing exponentially in the in the last 20 years because the tech was busted wide open, it's kinda in a slump right now, with relatively small gains.

Tech needs to open up in a different way rather than linearly.

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
1 month ago#12
SinisterSlay posted...
GTRagnarok posted...
Looks like the Intel HD 620 in cheap laptops outperforms the 10 year old 8800M GTX considerably, at least in 3DMark Vantage. ~5000 vs ~3400 GPU score.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-8800M-GTX.8836.0.html
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-620.172256.0.html

But not the 8800?

I could only find a number for the stock 9800 GTX from a Guru3D review, where it got a 5003 GPU score.
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
1 month ago#13
JKatarn posted...
Superemppu posted...
20 years from now? I'd wager no, they vastly surpass the performance of any home pc that exists now

A high-end, as in $5000-9000 laptop certainly surpasses the vast majority of gaming desktops in use today, but "any PC", lol, no. A $4000 PC build will blow away a much more expensive laptop.

Now that i read my post again, I can see why you made a mistake, I meant that a budget laptop from 2037 will curbstomp a 2017 high end pc any day, all week. If laptops even exist anymore.
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 20 years later do you think a $300 laptop will have the performance of...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived