This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Taking the braiding off from the G502 mouse cord.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Taking the braiding off from the G502 mouse cord.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
1 month ago#11
Well that looks like poop. I prefer the cord going straight down to the hooks underneath my desk. But either way, it’s still easier to clean without the nylon sleeve. I’m not even sure what the nylon sleeve is for anyway.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 month ago#12
ClunkerSlim posted...
Well that looks like poop. I prefer the cord going straight down to the hooks underneath my desk. But either way, it’s still easier to clean without the nylon sleeve. I’m not even sure what the nylon sleeve is for anyway.

Nothing is stopping you from securing it to multiple locations along the keyboard's cord which supposedly goes straight down the back of your desk. I pulled mine up to get that shot otherwise everything goes down that hole in the desk I have for wire-management.

-______- posted...
why is cat hiding there

He was chilling behind the monitors (heat zone), and was wondering what I was doing pulling cords and writing on paper. I raised the left monitor so he would poke his head through for the shot.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#13
to each their own but I'd never remove the braiding on my 502, its the perfect mix of stiff and flexible.

unlike other mice that come with wires as thin as a piece thread, or braided cables that are so stiff they restrict movement.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 month ago#14
Edavy89 posted...
The cords like 6 feet long. How far do you move your mouse that it gets stuck on things? Better yet, how much of a f***ing mess is your desk that there are things for your mouse cord to even get stuck on?

This. Mine gets snagged but that's because I have a pile of school books near it.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: Boge

Boge
1 month ago#15
I've found a great solution for mouse cords.

I wrap a small piece of velcro around the cord about 2 feet from the mouse and stick a small piece on the back of my monitor. Then I stick the cord to the monitor. I have enough slack to move around. The cord is elevated, so it doesn't catch on anything. Try it!
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
1 month ago#16
what i hate when mouse cables ARENT braided.. why would you ruin this feature?

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
1 month ago#17
Nothing could save my g502 for becoming a spare mouse as of now, as i bought a Roccat pure owl eye mouse, it is much better for my hand and the weight is just about perfect for me.

G502 is good for most use, but is not the best fps mouse there is, as it bit too heavy for those fast accurate shots.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
1 month ago#18
-______- posted...
wizardmon posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
I know 100% what it is. The cord is pretty long and there’s a Velcro strap to wrap it up.

That velcro is 100% for tethering it to your heavy keyboard so you don't feel the weight of the extra cord length.
https://i.imgur.com/22wHVLh.jpg

why is cat hiding there

Ninja assassin.

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
1 month ago#19
I swear gamers are the biggest crybabies and don't ever use their head it's like they were born not to think and let technology do it for them... Just f***ing run the braided cord under the keyboard feet and you'll get zero drag and zero snag ups not that f***ing hard... You don't need to go out and buy a $25 stand or, debraid your cable.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
1 month ago#20
No problems with the G502 cable here.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Taking the braiding off from the G502 mouse cord.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived