This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will future games released in the next 5 years still support the GTX 960?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will future games released in the next 5 years still support the GTX 960?

User Info: Virtual_Console

Virtual_Console
1 month ago#1
I have a gaming laptop that I want to be good for the next 5 years that supports the GTX 960 for all the latest and greatest PC games as the minimum requirement. Will they most likely still support the GTX 960 as the minimum?
"If ya smell........." - The Rock

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#2
If ur talking about 960 and not 960m the it should last for the rest of this console generation.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Virtual_Console

Virtual_Console
1 month ago#3
zhenghan posted...
If ur talking about 960 and not 960m the it should last for the rest of this console generation.

How long is that?
"If ya smell........." - The Rock

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#4
Most likely a 960m. It really comes down to what you expect from your games. If you're willing to lower to say 900p or 720p to maintain high level special effects, or keep it at 1080p but drop them to a mix of medium and low, then yes - you'll be able to play the latest AAA games for a couple of years.

As for games released now and previously, you'll be fine.
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
1 month ago#5
You mean 960m, which is essentially a 750ti. You'll have to drop resolution significantly and you'll be running low settings in the more demanding games.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#6
if you mean the 960m then it's already struggling tbh
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
1 month ago#7
5 years? Probably not. It's already 3 years old and it was barely an improvement over the 760, which is close to minimum requirements these days. I'd give it 2-3. System requirements generally only support stuff that's up to 4-6 years old. That said 2011-2013 era hardware is targetted for minimum requirements, which is why we see a lot of GTX 600/700 series minimum requirements. By 2022, you're probably gonna be seeing the 1060 being the minimum requirement. If not volta on some newer games.
i7 7700k | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | 16GB EVGA DDR4 | GTX 760 2 GB | 1 TB HDD | W10 x64 | 750W Thermaltake Toughpower | 1600x900

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#8
Virtual_Console posted...
zhenghan posted...

How long is that?

how the hell are we supposed to know
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will future games released in the next 5 years still support the GTX 960?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived