This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - Remaster uses Denuvo.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - Remaster uses Denuvo.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#31
Terrorknight3 posted...
Can someone tell me what is so bad about this game without spoiling it? I heard this game has planet exploration which is what a lot of people were looking for in a Star Ocean game.

Judging by the video posted in this topic, seems that it's managed to succeed at what no game to date that I've seen has yet to do. It has a character worse than Final Fantasy 7's Yiffie. /shudders

I might rag on the ending of Final Fantasy 7 being a disappointment that discourages me from playing the game but Yiffie adds in a health dose of "stay away" factor as well, and thanks to the posted video footage of Lingling I'll be staying away from this game as she looks like she'll make the game difficult to stand much less enjoy playing.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
1 month ago#32
Marikhen posted...
Judging by the video posted in this topic, seems that it's managed to succeed at what no game to date that I've seen has yet to do. It has a character worse than Final Fantasy 7's Yiffie. /shudders

I might rag on the ending of Final Fantasy 7 being a disappointment that discourages me from playing the game but Yiffie adds in a health dose of "stay away" factor as well, and thanks to the posted video footage of Lingling I'll be staying away from this game as she looks like she'll make the game difficult to stand much less enjoy playing.

...Really? The wealth of horrible characters to choose from in Final Fantasy, and you choose Yuffie?

Jesus christ how can one person be so backwards?
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#33
Neat, I'll have a good excuse to save some money.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#34
This applies even more in this, but instead, hire better voice actors
https://imgur.com/d1IeNHc
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
1 month ago#35
Pelaaja82 posted...
This is the character, that made me stop playing the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmnUi5NzTc

Holy f***. That's pretty bad all around. I'll just go ahead and mentally note to ignore this game's release.
Hi

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#36
I miss text box dialogue.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

Marikhen
1 month ago#37
Rosencroitz posted...
...Really? The wealth of horrible characters to choose from in Final Fantasy, and you choose Yuffie?

Jesus christ how can one person be so backwards?

How can anyone not pick the single most annoying and worthless character in the game? Not useless, worthless. She's useful in combat, I'll grant her that much, but so far as the story goes I can't recall her having been worth the cost of her being forced on your party. Even Cait Sith is worth more if only as comic relief.

DarkZV2Beta posted...
I miss text box dialogue.

I don't, at least not as a sole source of story conveyance, but at the same time I do wish that video game developers hadn't moved as heavily into voiced, much less fully voiced, dialogue. Going from fully or nearly fully voiced games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim to barely voiced titles like Morrowind has a tendency to cause my head to feel like my brain's trying to crawl out of it, and this is in spite of reading several books a week and thus not necessarily being out of the habit of reading.

Had developers kept the VA toned down over the years I'd probably not have nearly so much issue since I don't recall any such feelings when switching between titles like Hellgate and Morrowind.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

Rosencroitz
1 month ago#38
Marikhen posted...
How can anyone not pick the single most annoying and worthless character in the game? Not useless, worthless. She's useful in combat, I'll grant her that much, but so far as the story goes I can't recall her having been worth the cost of her being forced on your party. Even Cait Sith is worth more if only as comic relief.

There's a good three, minimum, games with entire casts worse than Yuffie.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

Marikhen
1 month ago#39
Rosencroitz posted...
There's a good three, minimum, games with entire casts worse than Yuffie.

That's not saying much considering how many godawful games are out there.

Rosencroitz
1 month ago#40
Marikhen posted...

That's not saying much considering how many godawful games are out there.

My point was, citing Yuffie specifically when you've got IX, X, XIII, etc. out there is stupid.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - Remaster uses Denuvo.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived