This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Denuvo-powered South Park Fractured But Whole has been cracked in just a day

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo-powered South Park Fractured But Whole has been cracked in just a day
(message deleted)

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#12
wizardmon posted...
Why are companies still paying for this when it they don't seem at all in any hurry to update it to keep ahead of the hackers.

It's like buying a out of date anti-virus program that doesn't update anymore.

I dunno. just a waste of money imo
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
1 month ago#13
I feel like there's a topic like this about damn near every game.
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: tsoures

tsoures
1 month ago#14
At this point i think it will take more time to crack denuvo free games than the "protected" ones.
http://steamunpowered.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Cartman.png

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#15
Lienhart posted...
well, I guess it's a good time to be a pirate

Yeah it will be so much better when game developers give up on the PC entirely and focus 100% on consoles because every game that comes out gets pirated and thus no more PC games. Which means hardware makers go under because no-one buys large capacity HDD's, fast CPU's, large amounts of RAM or powerful graphics cards to play games on a dead platform.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#16
Pengu1n posted...
Lienhart posted...

Yeah it will be so much better when game developers give up on the PC entirely and focus 100% on consoles because every game that comes out gets pirated and thus no more PC games. Which means hardware makers go under because no-one buys large capacity HDD's, fast CPU's, large amounts of RAM or powerful graphics cards to play games on a dead platform.

Can't imagine why they would give up when pc makes the most money even with piracy. And games that don't bother to fight piracy make the most money
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 month ago#17
im surprised it took them just over a day.

the last game didnt even make 24 hours before it got cracked the other day. these denuvo crackers were slacking with this release!

this denuvo s*** is useless.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
1 month ago#18
Pengu1n posted...
Lienhart posted...

That's an extremely thin outlook. PC Hardware makers are huge and it would take a s*** ton of pirating for PC gaming to go under.

User Info: Shah138

Shah138
1 month ago#19
I guess we'll be seeing Denuvo for a few more titles until some contract runs out, then not again.
Spectre of Dark Aether

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#20
Terrorknight3 posted...
Pengu1n posted...
Lienhart posted...

That's an extremely thin outlook. PC Hardware makers are huge and it would take a **** ton of pirating for PC gaming to go under.

You say that but with denuvo protected games getting cracked at such a fast pace how long before they game devs decide to stop making games for PC. And it's not just the denuvo ones either games from big or small publishers/developers get pirated and games with no DRM get pirated. It might not happen overnight but if things keep going the way they do expect to see no new PC games being released.

And if there are no games there will be no need to upgrade components anymore. No will need a GTX 1090 with 32GB of VRAM if there are no games play on it or a 16 core 32 thread Intel or AMD processor or a 128gb DDR5 RAM kit or a 50TB HDD if there are no more games coming to PC.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo-powered South Park Fractured But Whole has been cracked in just a day

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived