This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Denuvo-powered South Park Fractured But Whole has been cracked in just a day

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo-powered South Park Fractured But Whole has been cracked in just a day

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#31
Pengu1n posted...
Yeah it will be so much better when game developers give up on the PC entirely and focus 100% on consoles because every game that comes out gets pirated and thus no more PC games.

Yeah, because people will never do free to play or client/server games on PC, nor will they crowdfund games which are released free to the public since game production was already paid for and doesn't need game sales to help developers pay off publishers/banks/state of Massachusetts.

Pengu1n posted...
Which means hardware makers go under because no-one buys large capacity HDD's,

Except to store movies, music, books, databases, and so on.

Pengu1n posted...
fast CPU's,

Except to run emulators for consoles or engage in CPU-heavy business and quasi-business applications.

Pengu1n posted...
large amounts of RAM

File compression can eat up RAM. For that matter web browsers can suck up huge chunks of RAM, and if people start switching more heavily to browser-based gaming it's not unlikely that browser footprints will increase even more until the 5GB RAM usage I see out of Firefox seems positively anemic if not normal.

Likewise "large amounts of RAM" is relative, and the games that currently exist for PC won't disappear overnight even if everyone on the planet suddenly agrees to no longer develop games for it.

Pengu1n posted...
or powerful graphics cards to play games on a dead platform.

Except for emulation if/when emulators start being able to offload more tasks to the GPU instead of the CPU. Plus there's still all the older games to play that run like crap on even fairly good modern GPUs, and since people will want to play these games on bigger monitors there will still be need for newer cards with at least more VRAM to support 4k gaming now and 64k gaming down the road.

The fact that people might be playing The Witcher 3 or Metro: Last Light still in 20 years won't matter nearly so much as how eye-popping it will be to play them in full, cinematic 64k at 288 Hz/FPS using an AMD R867 5309.

Pengu1n posted...
You say that but with denuvo protected games getting cracked at such a fast pace how long before they game devs decide to stop making games for PC.

Decades if not centuries since the two aren't related. People developed games for PCs before there was even any money in it. I can't help but expect that people will develop and publish games for PCs long after their ability to pretend that they can guarantee income from it has been smashed into the bedrock of reality.

Pengu1n posted...

And if there are no games there will be no need to upgrade components anymore. No will need a GTX 1090 with 32GB of VRAM if there are no games play on it or a 16 core 32 thread Intel or AMD processor or a 128gb DDR5 RAM kit or a 50TB HDD if there are no more games coming to PC.

#1 Why do you presume that if all software developers swear off of PC development that all existing PC game swill disappear or no longer be playable?

#2 Why do you presume that gamers won't want an i13-24690K that's overclocked to 8.2GHz just so that they can play Morrowind with MGSO 5.0 at a stable 60 FPS despite having a draw distance of 20 odd cells?

People can go on and on about how demanding newer titles are, but even older games like Morrowind or games built on older engines like Grim Dawn can seriously stress modern hardware depending on the circumstances. It wouldn't be out of line to say that you probably need a more powerful CPU, thanks to single core performance, for modded Morrowind than vanilla Witcher 3.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: movuzzo

movuzzo
1 month ago#32
Even it's cracked sometimes the pirates moaning that the game didn't run fine and broken.

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
1 month ago#33
money well spent
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
1 month ago#34
what was worse though? denuvo or uplay. that's the real question.

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
1 month ago#35
@Pengu1n posted...
Terrorknight3 posted...
Pengu1n posted...
Lienhart posted...
well, I guess it's a good time to be a pirate

Yeah it will be so much better when game developers give up on the PC entirely and focus 100% on consoles because every game that comes out gets pirated and thus no more PC games. Which means hardware makers go under because no-one buys large capacity HDD's, fast CPU's, large amounts of RAM or powerful graphics cards to play games on a dead platform.

That's an extremely thin outlook. PC Hardware makers are huge and it would take a **** ton of pirating for PC gaming to go under.

You say that but with denuvo protected games getting cracked at such a fast pace how long before they game devs decide to stop making games for PC. And it's not just the denuvo ones either games from big or small publishers/developers get pirated and games with no DRM get pirated. It might not happen overnight but if things keep going the way they do expect to see no new PC games being released.

And if there are no games there will be no need to upgrade components anymore. No will need a GTX 1090 with 32GB of VRAM if there are no games play on it or a 16 core 32 thread Intel or AMD processor or a 128gb DDR5 RAM kit or a 50TB HDD if there are no more games coming to PC.

There has been piracy of PC games for 20+ years and yet PC games make more than all the consoles combined.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room. Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#ImpeachTrump

User Info: su27Chaos

su27Chaos
1 month ago#36
Pengu1n posted...
Lienhart posted...
well, I guess it's a good time to be a pirate

Yeah it will be so much better when game developers give up on the PC entirely and focus 100% on consoles because every game that comes out gets pirated and thus no more PC games. Which means hardware makers go under because no-one buys large capacity HDD's, fast CPU's, large amounts of RAM or powerful graphics cards to play games on a dead platform.

more money to mod chip makers then.
I like my beer like I like my violence...
Domestic.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#37
Yeah, because people will never do free to play or client/server games on PC, nor will they crowdfund games which are released free to the public since game production was already paid for and doesn't need game sales to help developers pay off publishers/banks/state of Massachusetts.

Free to pay games never really are free though are they. Plus server maintenence costs money And lets see how the industry lasts with a free to play only model where people are demanding they port game X to PC from console and the dev says no because of piracy

Except to store movies, music, books, databases, and so on.

Amazon kindles can store thousands of books on them. With no PC games coming out who would need a 50TB hard drive?

File compression can eat up RAM. For that matter web browsers can suck up huge chunks of RAM, and if people start switching more heavily to browser-based gaming it's not unlikely that browser footprints will increase even more until the 5GB RAM usage I see out of Firefox seems positively anemic if not normal.

Likewise "large amounts of RAM" is relative, and the games that currently exist for PC won't disappear overnight even if everyone on the planet suddenly agrees to no longer develop games for it.

Yeah, they won't disappear but the games out now aren't needing more than 8-16GB of RAM are there?

Except for emulation if/when emulators start being able to offload more tasks to the GPU instead of the CPU. Plus there's still all the older games to play that run like crap on even fairly good modern GPUs, and since people will want to play these games on bigger monitors there will still be need for newer cards with at least more VRAM to support 4k gaming now and 64k gaming down the road.

The fact that people might be playing The Witcher 3 or Metro: Last Light still in 20 years won't matter nearly so much as how eye-popping it will be to play them in full, cinematic 64k at 288 Hz/FPS using an AMD R867 5309.

Yeah, 'might be playing'. 20 years from now who knows if services like steam will even still be around.

Decades if not centuries since the two aren't related. People developed games for PCs before there was even any money in it. I can't help but expect that people will develop and publish games for PCs long after their ability to pretend that they can guarantee income from it has been smashed into the bedrock of reality.

But back then games cost pittance to make compared to the multi-million dollar games we have today. People want the flashiest graphics etc to show off their hardware which all costs money. If this piracy trend continues the only games to come out on PC will be shovelware and browser based flash games.

#1 Why do you presume that if all software developers swear off of PC development that all existing PC games will disappear or no longer be playable?

#2 Why do you presume that gamers won't want an i13-24690K that's overclocked to 8.2GHz just so that they can play Morrowind with MGSO 5.0 at a stable 60 FPS despite having a draw distance of 20 odd cells?

People can go on and on about how demanding newer titles are, but even older games like Morrowind or games built on older engines like Grim Dawn can seriously stress modern hardware depending on the circumstances. It wouldn't be out of line to say that you probably need a more powerful CPU, thanks to single core performance, for modded Morrowind than vanilla Witcher 3.

Currently available PC games won't go away but steam might shut down rendering peoples library useless unless they can come up with an alternative. Also i'm not saying they won'[t want it but it would be down to intel to make it if they (intel) don't see the point they won't make it

User Info: Sephigoth

Sephigoth
1 month ago#38
https://youtu.be/PdAPuMtCOJg
http://www.backloggery.com/hador

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
1 month ago#39
Pengu1n posted...
Amazon kindles can store thousands of books on them. With no PC games coming out who would need a 50TB hard drive?

Way to totally ignore my post. I'll say it again:

JoboHotep posted...

Media editing and storage in general will eat as much system power you are able to give it, and due to the nature of it, I don't see that ever changing.

Again, if all you use your PC for is gaming, that's certainly your right, but I think most people do more than that.

Pretty much everything other than browsing the web benefits from better components (and even web browsing benefits from more and faster RAM).

Your statement may be true for your needs, but most people use their PC's for more than games.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#40
JoboHotep posted...
Pengu1n posted...
Way to totally ignore my post. I'll say it again:

JoboHotep posted...

Media editing and storage in general will eat as much system power you are able to give it, and due to the nature of it, I don't see that ever changing.

Again, if all you use your PC for is gaming, that's certainly your right, but I think most people do more than that.

Pretty much everything other than browsing the web benefits from better components (and even web browsing benefits from more and faster RAM).

Your statement may be true for your needs, but most people use their PC's for more than games.

I didn't i stated that no one would need a 50TB hard drive you said about ebooks etc and i said that kindles can store thousands of books (which they can) on a small amount of storage. A kindle paperwhite only has 2GB of storage but can hold 1,100 books a 7th gen ipod nano only has 16gb of storage yet can hold 4000 songs a 1tb HDD can store 250,000 mp3 songs and 500 hours worth of video so a non-gamer would have no need for a 50TB HDD as they wouldn't come close to filling it as its really only high end PC games that use large amounts of storage like that.

Why also would a non-gamer need a 50TB hard drive or a graphics card with 128GB of VRAM? Only PC games need these high end parts. As for web browsing the only time i have had issues web browsing was because i was using a PSP. I had a netbook with an intel Atom processor that browsed the web just fine but again how would 128GB of RAM make the internet go faster outside of just getting better internet. Non-gamers buy off the shelf laptops with 8GB of RAM and 1tb HDD's or off the shelf HP computers with core i3 CPU's 8GB of RAM and 2TB hard drives. Those PC's in most cases don't even have graphics cards just onboard graphics and the RAM is just generic unbranded stuff.

Again if all a person is doing on their PC is work and web browsing why would they see the need to spend $500+ upgrading the off the shelf dell inspiron computer when also most parts won't even fit in the case such as an aftermarket cooler or dual slot graphics card. They have a PC which does the job for what they need they have no use for high end stuff so if PC gaming did die out there would be no point in nvidia making a graphics card that had 128GB of VRAM because no currently available game would need it and the hardware thats out now runs them just fine.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo-powered South Park Fractured But Whole has been cracked in just a day

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived