This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Denuvo-powered South Park Fractured But Whole has been cracked in just a day

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo-powered South Park Fractured But Whole has been cracked in just a day

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#41
Pengu1n posted...
Terrorknight3 posted...
Pengu1n posted...
Lienhart posted...
well, I guess it's a good time to be a pirate

Yeah it will be so much better when game developers give up on the PC entirely and focus 100% on consoles because every game that comes out gets pirated and thus no more PC games. Which means hardware makers go under because no-one buys large capacity HDD's, fast CPU's, large amounts of RAM or powerful graphics cards to play games on a dead platform.

That's an extremely thin outlook. PC Hardware makers are huge and it would take a **** ton of pirating for PC gaming to go under.

You say that but with denuvo protected games getting cracked at such a fast pace how long before they game devs decide to stop making games for PC. And it's not just the denuvo ones either games from big or small publishers/developers get pirated and games with no DRM get pirated. It might not happen overnight but if things keep going the way they do expect to see no new PC games being released.

And if there are no games there will be no need to upgrade components anymore. No will need a GTX 1090 with 32GB of VRAM if there are no games play on it or a 16 core 32 thread Intel or AMD processor or a 128gb DDR5 RAM kit or a 50TB HDD if there are no more games coming to PC.

Can I have what you're smoking?

I was being sarcastic.

Also, I used to pirate games when I was in high school. Then when I finally got money I started buying games, I bought so many games I don't have time to play them all. Paying for them made them easier to get than pirating but pirating exposed me to a whole s*** ton of genres.

If I wasn't a pirate when I was a kid, I would not be buying this many games 15 years later.

And I've been around long enough to have heard your opinion too many times for too many years; time has slapped that opinion down so f***ing hard lol

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#42
Pengu1n posted...
Free to pay games never really are free though are they.

They sure are free to play. Just look at Path of Exile which is both free to play and free to enjoy and Star Wars: The Old Republic which is free to play but not free to enjoy. Absolutely free. Why you don't even need to buy storage space in Path of Exile what with how easy it is to make and use mule accounts.

Pengu1n posted...
Amazon kindles can store thousands of books on them. With no PC games coming out who would need a 50TB hard drive?

Kindles can't store thousands of movies or songs, much less play them, however, and anyone using a Kindle to store their company database should be flogged with a dolphin.

Pengu1n posted...
Yeah, they won't disappear but the games out now aren't needing more than 8-16GB of RAM are there?

"Need" isn't really the appropriate term. "Can benefit from" is. World of Diablocraft went from using 2GB system RAM to 5GB when I upgraded from an HD6870 to a GTX 1060, and it benefited from the changes.

Then there are titles like virtually every Bethesda game with their incessant load screens. The benefit seen in these games in moving them from a platter drive to a SSD shows that these would also be good candidates for being put on RAM drives. Who knows, maybe in 15 years the average PC will have enough system RAM to put games like Shadow of War onto a RAM drive while still providing the game sufficient RAM for its own needs.

Pengu1n posted...
Yeah, 'might be playing'. 20 years from now who knows if services like steam will even still be around.

Why would that matter in a post-piracy-apoclypse scenario? If everyone's pirating everything then why would anyone let something small like Steam shutting down stop them from playing the games that they paid for?

Pengu1n posted...

But back then games cost pittance to make compared to the multi-million dollar games we have today.

Back then a canoe cost a pittance to make compared to the multi-million dollar tankers we have today. That's pretty irrelevant considering that smaller, cheaper games are still in production just as canoes are.

Pengu1n posted...
If this piracy trend continues the only games to come out on PC will be shovelware and browser based flash games.

And client/server games where the developers can actually control their game, and free to play games where people get sucked into being whales or genuinely enjoy a game well enough to decide to support it.

Pengu1n posted...
but steam might shut down rendering peoples library useless unless they can come up with an alternative.

Again with this? Folks will just download cracks for their Steam games based on the scenario you describe. You can't really have it both ways and say, "Everyone's pirating everything, but they won't pirate stuff that they already paid for when they can't play it legitimately."

Pengu1n posted...
Also i'm not saying they won'[t want it but it would be down to intel to make it if they (intel) don't see the point they won't make it

I'm pretty sure that Intel, and AMD and Motorola which, AFAIK, still produces processors, will continue producing newer, faster, "better" chips and telling consumers just why we should want them. It's the same thing with the automobile industry where there are damn few changes from year to year but by the gods we should purchase them for reasons.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
1 month ago#43
DaedalusEx posted...
Remember when 3DM said there would be no more cracked games in a couple years because of Denuvo?

Remember when the gaming media tried to place 3DM on a pedestal as if they were the only scene with the know how? :D
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.

User Info: xEnraiyax

xEnraiyax
1 month ago#44
MrTuna posted...
yohabroha posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
Remember when 3DM said there would be no more cracked games in a couple years because of Denuvo?

at the time that comment was made it was not because they saw Denuvo as being uncrackable, it was because they were going to be taking a break and didn't think they had the manpower to work on it.

3DM is garbage

Have not been relevant for years

3DM still releases cracks for games and updates, so they are far from "garbage". I'd like to see you try your hand at cracking/reverse engineering software and making your SCENE debut.
Civility of The Internet- http://i.imgur.com/u9L6JSh.gif http://i.imgur.com/GCdGZqr.gif http://i.imgur.com/gZDMyvU.gif http://i.imgur.com/tWzm1rt.gif :)

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#45
Pengu1n posted...
7th gen ipod nano only has 16gb of storage yet can hold 4000 songs

How many movies can it hold? Seven? Nine? Even ignoring the fact that it can't play them of course.

We've gone from "Holy hell, 700MB for a movie is a ridiculous waste of space!" to "Holy hell, 700MB movies have pathetic visuals!" With decent quality movie rips starting at over a gigabyte now and with entertainment industries pushing 1080p, 2160p, Pp, and whatever's next it won't be hard to imagine the size of ripped movies increasing.

We are still talking about post-Piracalypse, right? If people are pirating games until the industry dies then they'll for sure be pirating movies as well. /shrugs.

Pengu1n posted...

Why also would a non-gamer need a 50TB hard drive or a graphics card with 128GB of VRAM?

Movies & databases and CAD work, in that order.

Also, 50TB drives would be great for storing massive amounts of preexisting games, both PC and those subject to emulation, while reducing the weight, power consumption, and heat production of a PC. I'm already "making do" with about 8.5TB; I'd love to have a 50TB drive right now much less in 20 years.

Pengu1n posted...
how would 128GB of RAM make the internet go faster outside of just getting better internet.

Why are you conflating internet connection speed with browser performance? Can't you think of a better way to refute the idea of browser-based gaming being profitable enough to develop into something that will rival stand-alone PC games in terms of complexity, quality, and resource requirements in the absence of said stand-alone PG games?
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: MrTuna

MrTuna
1 month ago#46
xEnraiyax posted...
MrTuna posted...
yohabroha posted...
DaedalusEx posted...

at the time that comment was made it was not because they saw Denuvo as being uncrackable, it was because they were going to be taking a break and didn't think they had the manpower to work on it.

3DM is garbage

Have not been relevant for years

3DM still releases cracks for games and updates, so they are far from "garbage". I'd like to see you try your hand at cracking/reverse engineering software and making your SCENE debut.

They are as about as relevent as Ali123 lmfao
GT:OG Kush Man | i5 4690k | EVGA 980Ti | 16 gigs ram | 1TB HDD | 250 GB SSD |

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
1 month ago#47
Pengu1n posted...

I didn't i stated that no one would need a 50TB hard drive you said about ebooks etc

I never mentioned ebooks or anything of the sort, Marikhen did. You should probably pay attention to whom is posting what.

Pengu1n posted...
Why also would a non-gamer need a 50TB hard drive or a graphics card with 128GB of VRAM? Only PC games need these high end parts.

Again, video editing and storage immediately come to mind. A single 4k video can be pretty substantial in size. Even Blu-rays can easily take up 50GB for one movie, so storing anything more than a couple movies or shows can add up really quick. Scans of artwork and photos add up very fast as well.

Pengu1n posted...
Why also would a non-gamer need a 50TB hard drive or a graphics card with 128GB of VRAM? Only PC games need these high end parts.

Everything I just mentioned benefits from the most powerful components you can afford to use.

Pengu1n posted...
I had a netbook with an intel Atom processor that browsed the web just fine but again how would 128GB of RAM make the internet go faster outside of just getting better internet.

Some people have multiple tabs open in their browser (often, a lot of them) at any given time. I can assure you, the more (and faster) RAM you have the better off your browser is going to be.

Pengu1n posted...
Non-gamers buy off the shelf laptops with 8GB of RAM and 1tb HDD's or off the shelf HP computers with core i3 CPU's 8GB of RAM and 2TB hard drives.

Not the ones whom do the types of tasks I mentioned above, unless that's the best they can afford.

Pengu1n posted...
Again if all a person is doing on their PC is work and web browsing why would they see the need to spend $500+ upgrading the off the shelf dell inspiron computer when also most parts won't even fit in the case such as an aftermarket cooler or dual slot graphics card.

There's the crux of your problem, you don't use your PC for anything other than gaming, so you believe (erroneously) that no one else does either.

I don't usually have more than three tabs open in a browser, but I understand that other people may want (or need) to have 20+ or more.

I don't work with image scans, photos, 3D modeling and design, or make, edit, or store videos, but I understand others do, sometimes for employment, sometimes just for a hobby YouTube channel.

I genuinely don't mean this antagonistically, nor is this an attack against you personally, but you really need to be able to look beyond only yourself in life, or you'll give the impression you're not very bright.

It also helps that if you make a not-well-thought-out statement, you're able to see and concede that, instead of steadfastly sticking to the statement. Everyone makes mistakes, intelligent people learn from them.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo-powered South Park Fractured But Whole has been cracked in just a day

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived